authorized user credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

authorized user credit report

i am a authorized user on my roomates credit card, and it is showing on my credit report, she is considering filing bk, i am sure somehow this will show negative on my credit, can i have it removed from my credit report? i have used the card, but never signed any agreement with them. can it be contested and removed.

Have her remove you as an authorized user, before she files.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Remove yourself. Write or call the OC and tell them you no longer want to be an authorized user.

Comment

Let me add this as well. Be able to prove, if you did incur any chargeson the card, that you paid all those charges!!! While many additional cardholder agreements hold the primary cardholder responsible, they simultaneously hold the additional cardholder specifically responsible for his/her charges! (Especially American Express.)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

i had heard that all you need to do is write to the big 3, and tell them to take it off of your report, and they have to do it, regardless of if i used it or not. as long as i was just a authorized user??

Comment

Originally posted by junker View Post
            i had heard that all you need to do is write to the big 3, and tell them to take it off of your report, and they have to do it, regardless of if i used it or not. as long as i was just a authorized user??
            It's not that simple. The Big 3 are required to "investigate" and to ask the subscriber (the credit card company) if the information is accurate. This is why they call it a dispute. It doesn't not automatically cause the information to be removed.

The reason is, an authorized cardholder is bound by the additional cardholder agreement.

Comment

Humm...I'm an authorized used on my Mothers cc..I have to buy her meds and diapers and stuff. When I file will that screw up her credit?

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
                Humm...I'm an authorized used on my Mothers cc..I have to buy her meds and diapers and stuff. When I file will that screw up her credit?
                Depends. (no pun intended) All of this is based on how the creditor reports things to the credit bureau(s). In this case, the creditor may or may not report the account, from your Mom's perspective, as IIB. I can't tell you either way.

If this does occur -- that they report your Mom's card as IIB -- then you would just call them directly and have them fix the issue. I don't have direct experience as an additional cardholder, and filing. I do know that my filing, caused my additional cardholders to get IIB on their reports.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X