Nasty Collections Tactics using Myspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasty Collections Tactics using Myspace

Interesting story about Chase and a CA going after a guy's car by posting a nasty message on his daughter's myspace page. Result: lawsuit.

I have a feeling somebody's getting a free Mercedes out of this.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

And WE thought OUR collectors were bad. Craaaaazeee.
    Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Unfortunately, way to many folks post too much identifying information on MySpace and Facebook and it doesn't take much to be found by someone looking for a person if they do. Think also prospective employers and items/information listed on someone's page. It's well know that searches are done by prospective employers.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

What nerve! I hope the debtor drags the 'tracing co' through court and wins significant funds. Otherwise we are all subject to this type of abuse.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Bad move. A collector or anyone associated with them can not do this. You can not discuss or disclose anything to anyone other than the debtor. The collector must even be careful when talking to a spouse.

Hopefully, there will be some nice fines for this one.

$$$ Chi-Ching! $$$
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

This wasn't a collection agency but a skip tracing outfit.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
              This wasn't a collection agency but a skip tracing outfit.

This is just a question - but aren't the skip tracing companies CA's too?
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                This is just a question - but aren't the skip tracing companies CA's too?
                No, but when hired by a CA to do the work, they should fall under the same rules and regs that the CA must abide by.

There are many companies that do skip tracing work. That's all they do.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Doesn't really matter if they're a CA or not, these aren't FDCPA claims, these are torts, slander, defamation of character, emotional distress.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

And the guy who signed this called himself SENIOR investigator. Hope he got fired for this.
                    Chase has been merciless towards me. They call, literally, 20 times a day. (OK - we have several accounts.) They have some kind of mechanism that wipes the prior call off your caller ID. I kid you not. I have stayed home all day, not answered and watched them do this.
                    We will be filing BK. We rewrote the auto loan held by another bank. (They added two more years to life of loan. We get lower payment.) Chase REFUSES to do this. Said they won't do it because we bought it in our business name. Suggests we refinance. Duh.

Comment

Actually the prior call being wiped off your Caller ID is probably in your device. I have two Caller ID devices. Both in the phones, different brands. One will show the same number over and over and over. The other only shows the last call from that number.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X