Citi harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi harassment

I stopped paying credit cards back in November. I am filing in May.

Before I stopped paying I got an extra pre-paid cell phone number and changed the numbers on all of my accounts. I let calls go to vm when they started coming in, but never bothered to renew my number on the second month.

Since I have verizon I can block specific calls to my regular cell number (it is a feature you can do from their website). Citi was relentless so I blocked them. I rarely get a call now, but if I do I answer and give attorneys name and number.

Thank god I read this forum and I know that collectors lie and also how to handle them.

Some guy called today saying he represented Citi in a lawsuit against me (no summons yet except for mortgage) and that I needed to pay or I would be sued. I said no summons, but it didn't matter and because I am filing.

Then he told me I couldn't include it in a bankruptcy. I laughed. He said I would be sued and a judgement placed against me and then I would go to jail.

Good stuff. Click.
    Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
    Filed 10/06/2009
    341 11/12/2009
    Discharged 1/15/2010

Ask which jail, county State or Federal? 9 out of 10 he will not be able to give an answer. Then ask him how many debtors he has sent to jail/prison and for how long. Conclude the call that you recorded everything he said!
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Unsecured Debt is of civil nature and not a felony, therefore you cannot go to jail unless you were deliberately writing bad checks. Even then, it's hard to get that proven.

Comment

Originally posted by limage View Post
        I stopped paying credit cards back in November. I am filing in May.

Before I stopped paying I got an extra pre-paid cell phone number and changed the numbers on all of my accounts. I let calls go to vm when they started coming in, but never bothered to renew my number on the second month.

Since I have verizon I can block specific calls to my regular cell number (it is a feature you can do from their website). Citi was relentless so I blocked them. I rarely get a call now, but if I do I answer and give attorneys name and number.

Thank god I read this forum and I know that collectors lie and also how to handle them.

Some guy called today saying he represented Citi in a lawsuit against me (no summons yet except for mortgage) and that I needed to pay or I would be sued. I said no summons, but it didn't matter and because I am filing.

Then he told me I couldn't include it in a bankruptcy. I laughed. He said I would be sued and a judgement placed against me and then I would go to jail.

Good stuff. Click.
        Doing the same as you, I have Verizon.....and it works great except you cant block the calls that say "Unavaliable" B of A is calling me from a number and blocking it.......I know it's them. I picked up a couple of times and they hung up.

BTW- which Citi ?? Is it Citi "retail" that threatened you or Citi "cards" ?? They somehow got my work # and Lawanda keeps leaving messages
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I have a Citicard.

Funny thing is, it says Citicard business on it (it is not for business- I just applied for it like any other card at the time), but the caller tried to tell me because its a Citicard business card that I can't include it in my bk.

I'm bankrupt. Not stupid.

Whutevar
          Once you lose everything you're free to do anything.
          Filed 10/06/2009
          341 11/12/2009
          Discharged 1/15/2010

Comment

Even if it is a business card, if you are personally responsible for the debt, bankruptcy takes care of the debt.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Oh Citi - they were psycho's with me. One day I forwarded all my calls (since it was mostly them) back to the office they worked in so when they would call me the phone would ring in their office and they'd be calling themselves. The next day I would answer and then just hang just so the call would log on my tmobile bill and then I printed it and left a copy at there local office and highlited all 40 something of their calls and said do not call again - it worked. hehe

Comment

What would the moron collector and her supervisor say to the Sheriff if the Sheriff calls their office from the local Sherriff's jail house and tells them "Mr. BigBoy2U has a recording that you had him arrested and he is now at the jailhouse with his lawyer"?

Comment

Citibank was one of the most aggressive callers with me. They would often call more than 10 times a day, and it didn't matter whether I talked to them or not. They said they would keep calling until they got paid in full. I got rid of that phone line to get rid of them.

But the meanest collectors were actually from Wells Fargo. The horrible things they said to me far outstrip any of the other creditors. I sent them a CD with about 45 minutes of their recorded phone calls and after they got it in the mail, they stopped calling me.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                    Citibank was one of the most aggressive callers with me. They would often call more than 10 times a day, and it didn't matter whether I talked to them or not. They said they would keep calling until they got paid in full. I got rid of that phone line to get rid of them.

But the meanest collectors were actually from Wells Fargo. The horrible things they said to me far outstrip any of the other creditors. I sent them a CD with about 45 minutes of their recorded phone calls and after they got it in the mail, they stopped calling me.

With my 6 Citi Cards the comes to 60 calls a day Guess I'll buckle up for Wells Fargo, they should be next in a few weeks
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                      Ask which jail, county State or Federal? 9 out of 10 he will not be able to give an answer. Then ask him how many debtors he has sent to jail/prison and for how long. Conclude the call that you recorded everything he said!
                      I love BigJohn's response. Get them back at their own game.

I think I'd ask "do they have hairdryers there, or should I bring my own"?
                      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

found this posted

I found this posted (below) on "who called us" when I googled a Ph# that just called my home . Lots of angry people out there

CTI-it stands for Constant Telephone Insanity, Your wonderful CEO bailed out with everyones cash and now your broke and I am broke so we are even don't you think so I am going back to sleep so I can dream of getting some employment so I can pay back Home Depot 200.00 measly dollars so an idiot from Irving Texas at your multi-million dollar call center doesn't wake me up 10 times a week to say do you know you owe money and I say no comment and hang up. Being a phone guy I know call centers ring 3 times and hang up for the next miserable guy/gal they will annoy. I love living in Americhina because it allows me to be unemployed, stressed out and plenty of unpaid vacation benefits. CTI you set the standard for the average Joe Debtor's on the planet. STOP CALLING I ONLY ANWSERED ONCE AS A COURTESY JERKS. P.S. I hope that greedy CEO gets mugged by Citi credit card holders.

Comment

LOL, MiSSMaGoo. That's hilarious.
                          Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                          341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                            BTW- which Citi ?? Is it Citi "retail" that threatened you or Citi "cards" ?? They somehow got my work # and Lawanda keeps leaving messages
                            You have Shaneeequa and Lawanda calling? Are you sure they aren't just hot for you?
                            Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Originally posted by Recessionist View Post
                              You have Shaneeequa and Lawanda calling? Are you sure they aren't just hot for you?
                              Don't forget Linda from Cap 1.........now she sounds Hot

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X