Process Server "tricks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process Server "tricks"

Funny thing happened today, doorbell rang and a guy with flowers is standing on my porch, but I could not see a car anywhere. At first I was like, who in the world would send me flowers. Not my birthday, not a special occassion, etc. The one person who did send me flowers only on special occassions is deceased.

Well, I don't answer the door to people I do not know and I definitely was not expecting anyone. Guy parked down the street (sure give away, right?). If he was a real flower delivery guy, he would be in a flower delivery van or something and leave a notice to pick up your flowers or for re-delivery. I found this pretty funny because I think he was indeed a process server trying to serve me for something.

Did he leave the flowers at the door for you?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

What grave did he steal the flowers from?
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by cyn5 View Post
        Funny thing happened today, doorbell rang and a guy with flowers is standing on my porch, but I could not see a car anywhere. At first I was like, who in the world would send me flowers. Not my birthday, not a special occassion, etc. The one person who did send me flowers only on special occassions is deceased.

Well, I don't answer the door to people I do not know and I definitely was not expecting anyone. Guy parked down the street (sure give away, right?). If he was a real flower delivery guy, he would be in a flower delivery van or something and leave a notice to pick up your flowers or for re-delivery. I found this pretty funny because I think he was indeed a process server trying to serve me for something.
        You weren't advertising in the Personals section of Craigslist were ya ??
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Ever seen Pineapple Express?
          Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
          341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

No he didn't leave any flowers He probably had to take them to the next house. ha ha!

Comment

It was me CYN5, I sent them. I thought we had a "thing"!

Just joshin! What a dirty low down bastard. Nice when we can out smart the weenies!

That is one job I would not want to have, I'd rather eat cat food than have to serve somebody-no fun.

Comment

Besides the fact that you lose part of an ear.
                Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Here in Georgia almost all the serving is done by deputies... Hiding inside and not answering the door isn't a real good idea with these folks and they don't bother carrying flowers.

Comment

In a civil service, they can leave the summons with you, your spouse or anyone living within your home of majoritive age. If they cannot serve you there, they can at your work and/or leave the summons there also, if you are not available. You then have been served. Here in FL the most used is the bailiff (Sheriff Deputy or Special Service Officer). They do not have to use them however. A private server can be a real A$$ whole.

Now for Federal service of ANY KIND, the summons must be served ONLY to the person named from hand to hand or hand to pocket. NOT left with anyone else even the spouse nor left on your windshield. I was served to be a witness in a suit negative to my interest, and toyed with these private guys for about a month. However, don’t delay too long as if they can prove avoidance, that is a crime, and the Judge/Magistrate can issue a warrant for service and you will then be served by a Federal Marshall, and he won’t knock on your door too long before knocking it down. They have BIG guns. ‘Hub
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Can you explain more about being served federally?? Like in a federal case, in other words not state? Being served via federal service would not be the result of any unsecured debt by a CA, would it? You got me worried, usually credit card debt can result in a civil lawsuit only, correct?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Confuzed View Post
                        Can you explain more about being served federally?? Like in a federal case, in other words not state? Being served via federal service would not be the result of any unsecured debt by a CA, would it? You got me worried, usually credit card debt can result in a civil lawsuit only, correct?

thanks!

People get scared so easily.

No, don't worry about it.

Credit card debt is usually handled in a small claims court or a state or county court. It is a civil matter, not a criminal matter.

And besides that, most of the time they will never even bother to sue you over it, period.
                        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Because of what I learned on this site, I began checking my local clerk of court website to see who was coming after me. I live in FL. I saw amex was suing me and I started looking for the process server. I work odd hours and it is at least a one hour round trip for a server to get to me.

well, I didn't get served at my house. Instead the process server knocked on the door of my 79 and 80 year old parents home. My mother informed him that I did not live there. He said okay, but he had to call the attorney general (believe it or not!!!).

So he comes back about 5 minutes later, says he spoke to the attorney general and asks my mother "Are you Helen?" to which my mother says "Yes".

He then thrusts the summons in her hand and says "then I'm leaving this with you."

my father takes the summons to the courthouse and gives it back to them.

the clerk of courts then mails it to MY HOUSE with an enclosed letter clearly addressed to my FATHER.

In my Motion to Extend Time to Answer, I explained all the above.

In New Jersey they are starting to prosecute process servers who lie about serving people.

Comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X