Part of the club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of the club

I was checking my local court's docket and I found myself there. Chase filed on me last monday. I called to give them my lawyers info, but I have a feeling I'm still going to get served.

Time to step up the BK process.... I have to admit I've been dragging my feet a bit, but it needs to be done... now more than ever. Appraiser coming to the house in the morning, then it is just all me and my paperwork. Of course with my luck my mom will be at the house when the process server shows up.

Anybody know how long between filing and when the process server shows up? BTW, last time I paid them was in June/July 2008. Last time I spoke with them was in January to work out payment arrangements, which they said I didn't qualify for.

What kind of debt are you refering to?
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
      What kind of debt are you refering to?
      credit card debt.

Comment

Had you told them of your intent to file a BK ?? I wonder if that slows the process at all?

Comment

Reviewed the court docket for May, central dist. of Ca.Inland Empire. Did not see much for Chase on there. Lots of Cap 1. Surprised they took action so soon.How much do you owe ?? Based on what I could see from reviewing case histories, I would think that Process Server will be around in the next week or so. Could be the banks are stepping it up due to their urgent need to raise capital due to the Obama stress tests going on.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
            Had you told them of your intent to file a BK ?? I wonder if that slows the process at all?
            I let them know yesterday. I returned a phone call from my machine. Maybe that'll stop em from serving the papers... doubt it, but you never know. He kept telling me that we "could find away to avoid litigation" even though they had sent me a letter a couple of weeks ago saying they were going to sue and get a judgement, but if I wanted to avoid garnishments I should call to make arrangements.

According to the timetable laid out on the courts records, the soonest they could get a default judgement is a year from now, hopefully by that time they'll be content with the few cents on the dollar they'll be getting.

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
              Reviewed the court docket for May, central dist. of Ca.Inland Empire. Did not see much for Chase on there. Lots of Cap 1. Surprised they took action so soon.How much do you owe ?? Based on what I could see from reviewing case histories, I would think that Process Server will be around in the next week or so. Could be the banks are stepping it up due to their urgent need to raise capital due to the Obama stress tests going on.
              Searching San Bernardino County Court records by the name "Chase" there is a ton of recently filed suits (last 30 days).

I owe em between 5-6k. I am prime for suits because I am regularly employed

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                Searching San Bernardino County Court records by the name "Chase" there is a ton of recently filed suits (last 30 days).

I owe em between 5-6k. I am prime for suits because I am regularly employed
                interesting........I have 4 of their cards with at least that much on each of them. guess I should speed up getting my ducks in a row.
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

They most likely are going to sue me soon, I defaulted in October, so 3 months from now I will be in the docket as well, good thing I'm filing the 13 at the same time. =)

Comment

Zing number two in the chute.

I have yet to be served for the first one filed by Chase, but now see on the court docket that Citi has filed suit against me. I sent the lawyer with Citi at DV letter, haven't gotten a response yet, I'm assuming that I'll receive that response by process server at some point in the near future. Oh well...

Once I file my CH13 will the suits be dismissed or are they put on hold?

Comment

Zing number two in the chute.

I have yet to be served for the first one filed by Chase, but now see on the court docket that Citi has filed suit against me. I sent the lawyer with Citi at DV letter, haven't gotten a response yet, I'm assuming that I'll receive that response by process server at some point in the near future. Oh well...

Once I file my CH13 will the suits be dismissed or are they put on hold?
                      Refresh my memory.........when did you last pay on both of these ?? what do you owe on citi ??

Comment

Albacore, I don;t think it has much to do with when "you last paid." It probably has mor eto do with Chase being very agressive (Other posts and forums suggest Chase can act quickly,) proximity of chase and/or citi attorneys close to you, and your state laws. I've mentioned that in my state (and probably others,) any unsecured suits related to civil claims go to mandatory arbitration if the defendant provides an answer and serves it on the court and plaintiff.

Now, the question becomes, "What if you are sued? If the plaintiff gets a judgment, will they act on the judgment soon? Or, will they let the judgment ride for a while without attempting to collect?"

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                          Refresh my memory.........when did you last pay on both of these ?? what do you owe on citi ??
                          Stopped paying them both about a year ago. I'll guess June/July, maybe August. Chase never sent me to a collection agency, Citi did that in January. I gave the very nasty CA a C&D and they sent me to a lawyer in my state. When I got their letter I sent them a DV. I owe citi about $26k over two accounts.

Comment

Stopped paying them both about a year ago. I'll guess June/July, maybe August. Chase never sent me to a collection agency, Citi did that in January. I gave the very nasty CA a C&D and they sent me to a lawyer in my state. When I got their letter I sent them a DV. I owe citi about $26k over two accounts.
                            Did citi combine your accounts and send to the same attorney ?? i have about 6 seperate cards = 40K

Comment

do you have to have PACER to do a docket search? I can't find it in NH

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X