I finally lost it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally lost it.

I've been as polite as I can be and I rarely answer a call, but IndyMac has been driving me nuts! I am technically not even 2 months behind yet, but I am working on a loan mod with them. I've sent them my package twice, but that doesn't stop the collection calls. Sometimes I answer them and sometimes I ignore them, but I honestly can't believe that these people don't write something down in their system because they ask me the same freakin' questions every single time!

"Our records show you owe $xxxx.xx - would you like to pay that today?"
    "Well, can you make one payment today of $xxxx.xx?"
    "Can you tell me why you are delinquent?"
    "Is your address and phone number correct?"

Ugh! How many times do I have to answer the same questions???? And didn't you just call me at this number? So why would you ask me if it is correct?!

So, last night was one of the times I decide to answer the call. I know it's them, so I figure if I talk to them once in a while it may help out my mod. She calls at 7:45 while we're having dinner, but I answer all her stupid questions anyway and remind her that I have answered them before. I also tell her AGAIN that I have submitted my hardship package and I am working on a loan modification. So she says thank you, sorry to have bothered you blah, blah, blah.

Now I'm sitting here reading the forum and the phone rings. It's freakin' IndyMac again! This time I lost it. I answered and some different lady starts the spiel and I interrupted her and told her I just spoke with someone last night and what exactly do you think has changed in my situation in less than 24 hours and don't you people write anything down, etc. I yelled at her for a couple of minutes and then hung up on her while she was saying, "Well, ma'am...."

I'm at the end of my rope with these people. If they don't give me a mod soon so I can file bk, I might just go crazy!

So now that I feel a little better after yelling at a collector and then ranting about it, do you think I messed up my loan mod?
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Originally posted by DownNotOut View Post
    So now that I feel a little better after yelling at a collector and then ranting about it, do you think I messed up my loan mod?
    No, I don't think you messed it up. Good for you taking on the collectors. I believe I was called sometime back and I just answered... "You have all that information. Nothing has changed. Goodbye."
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

it does sound very silly, but that sounds very similiar to the collection dept im in, you are prob in an auto dialer and thats why they ask you to verify your phone number, what really sucks is when u get someone who just paid but auto dialer will call them for another 24-48 hrs til it updates in the system.

i CANNOT stand working collections on an auto dialer, that's why i cant wait to get out of that dept.... if i see in the notes they are working with us i will tell them straight up that i do see you are working with us but you are in the auto dialer and until the account is showing current that is when the calls will stop, so if you rec anymore calls you can just disregard it or treat it as a follow up call. basically i tell them to ignore the calls!
      retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
      10/30/10- WEDDING!!
      09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
        But, they picked that job and going along with it is people who eventually snap and go off on you, deal with it, its part of the job you chose to do.

As many of you know way back about 15 years ago I did repo's. Well I had people yell at me, try to kick my butt and I was shot at several times. So, you know what...it goes with the job. I finally sold my business and got out.

But I won't forget (LMAO, I did forget who it was that made the call) but one day I was on the phone with one of the major CC's being told how I needed to resolve this right now or 'else', when my call waiting beeped. I clicked over and it was the same CC calling me. I lit up like a Christmas tree, I was so fed up with all the calls and no one was interested in doing any thing constructive, other than just to beat me into submission to pay anything. So I put them on a three way call and told both of them to go screw themselves.

I look at it this way, I didn't call you to pester you, so if you call me and I go off, you have an option, hang up. And I still go by that today, if you call me asking for money, if I am not in a 'playful' mood to go along with your crap, then you may just get a taste of how I feel today and if you don't like it, hang up the phone and get another job.

tru that...i agree, collector here..if you cant deal with the nasty people then your not the person for the job.

LMAO at you putting both agents on the phone and telling them both to go screw themselves,.....i think if someone did that to me i would hang up and have a good laugh too!
        retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
        10/30/10- WEDDING!!
        09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bk4sky View Post
          it does sound very silly, but that sounds very similiar to the collection dept im in, you are prob in an auto dialer and thats why they ask you to verify your phone number, what really sucks is when u get someone who just paid but auto dialer will call them for another 24-48 hrs til it updates in the system.

i CANNOT stand working collections on an auto dialer, that's why i cant wait to get out of that dept.... if i see in the notes they are working with us i will tell them straight up that i do see you are working with us but you are in the auto dialer and until the account is showing current that is when the calls will stop, so if you rec anymore calls you can just disregard it or treat it as a follow up call. basically i tell them to ignore the calls!

My lawyer's office told one creditor to stop calling me. They said they will still continue. They claimed they do not have to honor the stay. The person's at my lawyer's office told them something to the effect that they were a moron and they would soon be hearing from my lawyer. Since that conversation, I have not received one call. The collection agencies do have some control, or should I say, a lot of control over the auto dialers.
          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
            My lawyer's office told one creditor to stop calling me. They said they will still continue. They claimed they do not have to honor the stay. The person's at my lawyer's office told them something to the effect that they were a moron and they would soon be hearing from my lawyer. Since that conversation, I have not received one call. The collection agencies do have some control, or should I say, a lot of control over the auto dialers.
            e

yes, in the case of attorney involvement by the law they have to stop calling.
            10/30/10- WEDDING!!
            09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

I feel you DownNotOut. I kept telling them the same thing (no money to pay) and after a week of this, I asked why do they keep calling multiple times per day, day after day, and was told that it would keep happening until I paid my bill. So I spent the most valuable $15 thats ever left my pocket on a phone number change and the silence afterwards was priceless. I was also very careful with who I gave that number to. I kept the old number with utilities and still refer to it to this day if I have to call in a bill.
              http://www.debt-consolidation-credit...play.php?f=177

Comment

Originally posted by bk4sky View Post
                e

yes, in the case of attorney involvement by the law they have to stop calling.

When th ceditor received docs from the court saying I had filed, that is when they were suppose to stop.
                They claimed ignorance but after I filed they did a hard pull of my credit report which says I filed. They even when so far to say on my credit report as to say I was in bankruptcy with that account and later updated the account at the credit bureau saying it was in a payment plan (PP). Even with all of this 'knowledge', the creditor still continued to call up till the lawyer's office intervened.
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                  When th ceditor received docs from the court saying I had filed, that is when they were suppose to stop.
                  They claimed ignorance but after I filed they did a hard pull of my credit report which says I filed. They even when so far to say on my credit report as to say I was in bankruptcy with that account and later updated the account at the credit bureau saying it was in a payment plan (PP). Even with all of this 'knowledge', the creditor still continued to call up till the lawyer's office intervened.
                  That is/must be one unorganized not know what they are doing type collection company, im glad you finally gotten it straightened out tho.
                  10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                  09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X