What is wrong with these people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with these people?

Recovercorp just called me, a CA. That woman that calls from them is so hateful. I put her on speaker phone. There was three of us here to hear her act like a crazy person. She started in on why weren't we paying (like I enjoy this whole process, yeah, its my personal choice not to pay)and I cut her off and asked her if she knew she was violating the fdcpa.
    She goes off on me, screaming (and I'm not kidding) at me not to quote that "crap" at her. She says "do NOT say that to me" so I tell her, what are you going to do about it if I do? I then ask her to shut up for one second so that I could talk, because she is yelling and screaming at me that she doesn't have to hear jack about fair debt collection practices.
    I then have to raise my voice over hers to tell her that we filed chapter seven on 6/10/2009 and according to pacer she was notified. I gave her my case number and she keeps on screaming at me that she doesn't care if we filed, we owe her customer xx.xx. I then ask her why is her company billing me for 8000.00 over what the original creditor is sending me statements for.
    She screams some more that "maybe its interest. I don't think you should be asking that question" (How can it be interest if the original creditor sent me a statement this month that is 8000.00 less than Recovercorp is sending?)
    I then tell her that I am making notes of her name, the date and time, that I have two witnesses to the conversation, and again give her my lawyers contact info, all while she is non stop SCREAMING at the top of her lungs at me, about my lawyer probably not knowing how to do his job.
    Then, just to be nice, I ask her if she knows that each time she contacts me it will be a 1000.00 violation. I just thought she was screaming before. She really lost it then. She was yelling about no she was not subject to a fine, on and on.
    So, what is wrong with these people? I understand it is their job to collect. But this woman was insane. She was way out of line, and out of control.
    I am realizing now that she never said the usual, you are on a recorded line.
    I wish I had recorded her, but I'm sure she would not have given permission, not if she planned on acting like that.
    Anybody else have experience with Recovercorp, or just some CA crazy like that?
    I thought things would quiet down after we filed!

Wow!

I filed on 6/10 also, so I'm still getting some calls. But I almost sensed relief in the CA reps voices when I mentioned the BK filing. They became very polite, got the attorney information and case number, and wished me best of luck. I think they were relieved to not have to argue, yet get a dispensation for the call that would be acceptable to their employers. (i.e. didn't get money, but had a rather good reason)

I can't believe she would act like that at all, never mind once you told her of the BK filing. Any chance one of those people who overheard was your lawyer?

Comment

I hope she calls me so I can have a little harmless fun with her on the phone.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I probably had the call from the same woman. I had to scream back and say "if you don't know how to handle a Bankruptcy, I suggest that you put a supervisor or someone else on the phone who does." I was transferred to a supervisor, who, likewise, had no clue.

I followed it up with a letter to their General Counsel that ended this way...

Please send within (10) days of the date of this letter, notification that you have addressed the aforementioned issues and that you will refrain from further attempts to collect this debt. If I don’t hear from you within the time allotted, I will ask the Court to enter an Order to Show Cause and have you appear before the Bankruptcy Court.
        Needless to say, they immediately wrote back (within the 10 days), and apologized beyond belief!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
          Why are you even putting up with the phone call? I mean clearly she don't care as she stated, so unless your going to have some fun with her (that is what I do) then you just hang up the phone or don't answer.

Look I am not trying to be rude to you, but your the one that decides if you want to listen to this crap. Sure you can have friends sit in and listen to the call to 'verify' what she said, but so what? Unless you are REALLY going to take action for a violation of the automatic stay (no its not an FDCPA violation any longer) if you filed BK a few day ago then you need to give them a week to get the notices in the system.

I really have no idea other than you like to treated like that why you would stay on the phone. I can tell from your post you at bothered by her behavior. Next time, don't answer.

I answer all my call because I like to play with them. But if you can't see the humor in some lunatic then don't take the calls!

Yes, I was trying to mess with her, I just couldn't get a word in edgewise over her screaming. I wanted to tell her that we had filed, I knew she probably hadn't been notified because it has only been about four business days, but this woman has really been awful to me, even going so far as to scream at my employee. So, yes, the main objective was to push her buttons, but I never got to that point. All the buttons were already pushed and she was in crazy mode!
          To tell you the truth, yes, her behavior bothers me. I think that she needs help. She gives you the impression that she takes this personally and maybe she'll be under your car one morning waiting to stab you in the foot!

Comment

I rarely have taken calls but man I would love to take that call!
            "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
            Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
            341 Hearing March 4th 2010
            Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Here is a new one. Ask them to provide you with the name of their attorney, address, and phone number. You will only speak to the attorney directly. What are the chances of that happening?

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                Here is a new one. Ask them to provide you with the name of their attorney, address, and phone number. You will only speak to the attorney directly. What are the chances of that happening?
                In the case where I sent the letter, as indicated above, they would not provide me with their attorney or General Counsels name, etc. They only gave me a generic PO Box. I looked up their corporate registered agent in my State and sent a certified letter to the PO Box and the agent, and addressed to General Counsel.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have one JDB (Junk Debt Buyer) who bugs me for somebody else's debt. I don't know if they are honestly trying to pursue a debt with a person with another name, or if they are data mining. After we filed, this JDB bought about a half dozen debts from our creditors.
                  I couldn't get rid of them. The phone number only shows a number, no ID. So I told them that I googled the number and found out who they were. Then I googled the business and it said about 30% of their employees are registered sex offenders. Then I asked the guy if he liked little boys or little girls - the phone hung up immediately and so far, they haven't called back again!
                  Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Geez. I would not tolerate a creditor screaming at me like that. HANG UP! Although I had tons of trouble with creditors not following the FDCPA and violating more than a couple of state collection laws, once I filed for BK I found they were very cooperative in stopping collection. If that woman calls back, you should notify your attorney you are being harassed by a creditor who you informed of your BK, and let your attorney take it from there. My understanding is that the BK court gets very angry with creditors who do not honor the automatic stay...it's basically contempt of court. Good luck.

Comment

To the original poster, I have had lots fo CA's go on-and-on. Let them spew for as long as it takes then to finally inquire if "you are still there." then simply state you need something in writing mailed to you. They may continue to pursue but keep in mind, that at some point, they are wasting their time and potential commissions.

Comment

Maybe some day I will look at my phone's manual to learn how to make a 3 party phone call especially when I get a raver on the phone so as to have the police listen to the call. Asking the police if they want to listen to the lunatic might get the collector to think twice about their stupid tactics. But then, knowing collectors, they probably would still continue on with their rant. I wonder how long they would rant after I hang up and they are still connected with the police?
                        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

She had probably smoked a crackpipe during her last break....have you ever seen the rif raf hanging around outside those call centers? Jeezzz...just hang up!!!

Comment

We have often joked about call-forwarding these collection psychos to each others call centers.

What I think might really be effective is call-forwarding all these idiots to your various elected officials' offices.

Can you imagine what would happen if just a few thousand of us managed, somehow, to get our congressman's and senator's local offices onto our credit files as a work number?

Do you think the collectors are smart enough to realize they've been had, or would they launch into their vitriolic spew?

Too funny to imagine.
                            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                              We have often joked about call-forwarding these collection psychos to each others call centers.

What I think might really be effective is call-forwarding all these idiots to your various elected officials' offices.

Can you imagine what would happen if just a few thousand of us managed, somehow, to get our congressman's and senator's local offices onto our credit files as a work number?

Do you think the collectors are smart enough to realize they've been had, or would they launch into their vitriolic spew?

Too funny to imagine.
                              Yes, 2 2 funny to imagine. I had an NCO young lady who was yelling at me. Caller ID showed a Cell Phone User from AZ. Dh has Uncle in AZ & all calls are from his Cell phone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X