USBank left message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USBank left message

US Bank wants me to agree to $30 something per month payments for an under $2K CC debt. I told them I'd "try" to come up with something. They called today informing me that they would soon begin "verifying employment." As if I would preceieve this as a threat. I'll call them back tomorrow and inform them of my current employer and also state that I'm aware they need to come down to my local courthouse and file suit. I'll also clearly state that they are to cease all communications attempts related to this debt. I'll then tell them I've recorded the call and expect them to abide by my state's revised statutues, rules of civil procedure, and administrative rules.

Sounds like they got a few new employees.

How much more time do you have to pay on your last garnishment? Do they realize they have to wait at least that long before they see a penny?
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

US Bank is a giant pain in the butt. They were probably the one I would consider our worst creditor, though Beneficial came in as a close second. I would ignore their threats and not volunteer any information. Let them search out your information, but don't volunteer it unless you are ordered by the court to do so.

Also keep in mind that a C&D should be in writing, not that it made a drop of difference, since US Bank ignored repeated C&Ds sent by us and our attorney. Good luck.

Comment

BJ, I have not had a wage garnishment for several months now! The garnishments were all local folks, and essentially I did not argue, since they were all within a mile of the courthouse. Some I was able to pay off in a few months, but others I met with in small claims mediation and let them go to default judgment.

The USB calls are out of St Louis I believe. In Oregon, the reules that apply to the FDCPA for third party collectors also apply to OC's. I'm not so concerned with any phone calls. They are prety aggressive for a OC and a small debt. The payment plan they offered was quite reasonable, but I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I should let them call and screw around with them.

Comment

From what various relatives and friends have said, I noticed that most garnishments seem to come from local creditors, not the big national credit cards.
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

So far, that has been my experience. But, there are many other factors involved. One major factor is probably related to how long the writ of garnishment is good for. In Oregon, a writ lasts only 90 days from when it is served (and it must be served) on the employer. I've posted before about what can happen to a big judgment amount in my state. Suppose a writ comes in that takes 60 -90 days to pay off. Suppose a day or week after the first writ comes in, a second writ is served. The second writ may very well expire before any money is sent to them. They then have to resubmit a writ of garnishment and start over. This is no big deal for local CA's as they have easy access to the local courts, and they know the writ filing fees can be attached to the judgment.

Comment

I also was dealing with US Bank and they were terrible. They did stop the calls though as soon as BK was filed.
              Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
              341 Meeting 6/5/09
              Discharged 8/5/09
              Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Hi treehugger,
                They did the same thing to me a month ago. First they told me over the phone and then I received a letter. But I haven't received any more letters related to that. They did want to know if anyone else was garnishing my wages. I didn't give them that information....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X