No announcement yet.

Dealing with very nasty Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well I still owe about 300 for a cash advance on my US bank account so once I get it paid ( with a paper check ) I will close it. Would a credit union be ok to use to pay bills and such or can they garnish that as well?

Also am I allowed to post the attorneys business name on these forums to see if any one else has delt with her before?

Don't want to get banned or anything.

Comment

Oh one question: Can they garnish from credit unions?

Comment

Ok so this Thursday I'm Closing my bank Account. I guess I'll open one at a different bank, is there any thing I can do to make sure this lady does not get the info for my new bank account?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
          They can only obtain you account number it in a couple ways: You give it to them, you pay them (or any affiliate) by phone, over the internet or send them a check. Any other means would be illegal without a court order. I guess they got the info last time by one the methods I listed above?

I had written a check to make a payment so I'm guessing thats how they got it.

I guess I should just get a new bank account and NOT use checks to pay bills and keep a min balance in the checking part..?

Comment

I finally was able to close my bank account last week. But now I got served another writ of garnishment. This time they're going after my employer (I don't want to say who it is for fear of the law firm finding out what I'm doing). My amount subject to garnishment has grown to $20,000 + (ugh, just so much post adjudication interest). My appointment with a bankruptcy attorney is not until next Wednesday.

I decided to take tomorrow off of work to find a second job. Otherwise, I don't think I can afford the bankruptcy filing fees. There is also a challenge to garnishment paper with the writ. But I don't know if I should challenge it, while I'm consulting with the bankruptcy attorney. So now what?

Comment

Definitely challenge it. You may be able to stall it a while if a hearing is required.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Remember the other trick to pull with garnishment is self-garnishment, supposedly there are "law firms" out there who, for a fee, will set up a garnishment against yourself, I don't really know how this works. The
                equivalent is setting up a garnishment with a preferred creditor you want
                to get paid and get them first in line so others get nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                  Remember the other trick to pull with garnishment is self-garnishment, supposedly there are "law firms" out there who, for a fee, will set up a garnishment against yourself, I don't really know how this works. The
                  equivalent is setting up a garnishment with a preferred creditor you want
                  to get paid and get them first in line so others get nothing.
                  OK I know this is going to sound like a really stupid question. But. Could I get a lawyer to garnish me so that I could pay him the cost of a bankruptcy? LOL... I think I already know this answer to this question.

Comment

Very creative thinking. You'd probably have to sign a stipulated judgment. I'm guessing most lawyers wouldn't go for it, but you never know. I was thinking more in terms of having a friend loan you money secured by some collateral and then taking out a judgment to pay it.

Comment

I doubt that it is uncommon for a friend that one owes money to to encourage a lawsuit/small claim and get a judgment and wage garnishment. Pretty easy to do in many states. And, it is not fraudulent nor deceptive. Every creditor/CA/JDB has the right to sue. And in most states it is first come, first served.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                        You can always quit your job that puts an end to any garnishments....LOL....

The only reason I say that, I remember this guy I worked for (he was pretty cool) he would 'tell you to quit' you job right after he got served with a garnishment order on any of his employees. But then hire you to work under his other company name a week later. He would then respond back to them you no longer worked for ABC company. Then in about 3-4 month he would hire you back (he had three businesses). It was not illegal but close, but he knew the system and didn't want to lose some of his employees. But this was back when I manged a tow truck company and drivers would come and go when the wage garnishments came in. But back then in mid-late 80's jobs were always open for drivers. They just quit and go some place else at the drop of a hat.
                        Oh! Ha ha! I currently have an employer like this! No one has tried to garnish my wages yet, but I'm not worried about it if they do. I'll just go on vacation to mooch off of relatives in Eugene, Oregon, until the Arizona garnishment waiting period is over and then start working for him again. He also moves around a lot and changes the DBA name of his company frequently. It makes it hard for garnishers.
                        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Don't suppose theres any cheep or free legal aid for filing for bankruptcy in oregon is there? I went to clark college and was told no one will get added to the list or be able to sign up untill December. I did see a regular attorney but he wanted 1500.00 + 300 filing fees

Comment

Skylight Bank out of Georgia (no brick and mortar branches) will give anyone an account. They do direct deposit and you withdraw from an ATM. I used them for five years that I was in Chex System.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X