top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would moving from Michigan to Arkansas affect SOL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would moving from Michigan to Arkansas affect SOL?

Hello,

I made my last credit card payments here in Michigan last December and then defaulted. Michigan's SOL is 6 years. There is a chance I may be moving to Arkansas this fall, where the SOL is only 3 years. If I do move to Arkansas, how would that affect my SOL date? Would they start the 3 years as of my first missed payments in January '09, or from when I moved there? As long as I have an Arkansas address and driver's license, wouldn't creditors have to sue me if Arkansas if they were going to?

Any advice from those who know how this works in Arkansas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Violet

It probably won't affect your SOL. As a matter of fact, it may even be tolled (suspended) while you're in the new State! You need to check the specific laws in those two States.

If you tell them you're now in Arkansas, the limits should shift to Arkansas, if they know where you are.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X