This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just made a collector cry....

Got another call tonight, no big deal, I plan on filing in a month, maybe 2.

Half way through the spill I said , you want the number for my attorney?

Caller was stuttering.....so you are filing BK?

Dont know, I just asked if you wanted the number for my attorney?

Sir, can we work something out, anything, how can we help you on our end?

You want the number for my attorney, yes or no?

Yes, name and number....

There you go, bye bye now....

Sure, now you bastards want to help, now you want to work with me, screw off.....

They don't want to help, that is a given.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

So far, I only spoke to one collector over the phone.

I said: "My home went into foreclosure, my cars have been repo'ed and I'm unemployed and have no assets. Now what do you think I can afford right noW?"

Answer from the (I guess trainee-collector): "Oh, I'm sorry, sir. Please wait for my supervisor.."
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

lol okay im a collector and went bankrupt so i know both sides... first i highly doubt that person cried and when they offer to help, its because well they have to say that to keep their job. calls get audited monthly and you must follow a script, so i know some collectors are a**holes, most of them are doing a job, thats it. =) "bastards" want to feed their kids too, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by MiSSMaGoo View Post
          lol okay im a collector and went bankrupt so i know both sides... first i highly doubt that person cried and when they offer to help, its because well they have to say that to keep their job. calls get audited monthly and you must follow a script, so i know some collectors are a**holes, most of them are doing a job, thats it. =) "bastards" want to feed their kids too, ya know?
          I understand both sides of this one, I dealt with nice collectors, not a single nasty one. It was unbelievable to me when they were nice. I think they figured being nasty wouldn't help, sometimes I got emotional, it just came out of no where. I don't know, maybe they felt sorry for me. I never intended that either. They had a job to do, it was no different then anyone else having a job to do, they were just trying to make a living like everyone else. So many were encouraging to me, even had some tell us we would be fine, that bad things happen to good people and even wished us luck! After those phone calls, how could I start out being nasty?

This whole BK thing, even though it's a huge relief, just wasn't in my life plan. But it happened, and I am so thankful BK is here to save people like me. I have learned alot during this process, alot about BK, but I have learned even more about myself and what I want.
          Last edited by justplaintired; 08-25-2009, 03:04 AM.
          Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

If more debtors understood this it would be so much easier for them to deal with collectors on the phone. I think too many people believe the collector is the Wizard of Oz when in fact the collector is merely the man behind the curtain.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
              I understand both sides of this one, I dealt with nice collectors, not a single nasty one. It was unbelievable to me when they were nice. I think they figured being nasty wouldn't help, sometimes I got emotional, it just came out of no where. I don't know, maybe they felt sorry for me. I never intended that either. They had a job to do, it was no different then anyone else having a job to do, they were just trying to make a living like everyone else. So many were encouraging to me, even had some tell us we would be fine, that bad things happen to good people and even wished us luck! After those phone calls, how could I start out being nasty?

This whole BK thing, even though it's a huge relief, just wasn't in my life plan. But it happened, and I am so thankful BK is here to save people like me. I have learned alot during this process, alot about BK, but I have learned even more about myself and what I want.

Yes what you said is super true! I definitely know some collectors break violations but those are the same ones that probably make their hourly rate and that's it. I'm one of the most understanding ones out there (partially b/c I know too what it's like) but because of being that way and getting an account current generally puts a bonus in my pocket each month that more than doubles my income. But just like the majority of other people here, I work to feed my kids and keep a roof over us and if I could find a different job that paid as well as I would be gone in a heartbeat. It's so hard listening to everything horrible that has happened to people and b/c I care it gets depressing after so long. But thank you to those who understand the otherside!

Comment

I have to ask you this, do CA actually think the debtor is hiding money or something? I mean, what do they expect you to do? find a hidden stash of cash. Or do they simply assume this is 2005 and someone not paying, who has paid on time for 10 years, must be a deadbeat hiding money. I love the guys who would call back the next day, just in case I found the hidden stash of course.

Now, if a person is late on one account or a cell phone bill, I totally get it. But when someone with 50k or 100k in debt is behind on all their accounts, what chance is the CA actually going to see a dime? it's not just CA, the creditors also seem to follow the same line of a magical hidden stash reasoning.
                Last edited by shabam; 08-25-2009, 09:53 PM.
                My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

In my opinion, no. I dont actually for a CA, I work for a cc company and we do inhouse collections until 6 months pastdue. The majority of the payments you receive are from who people got one or two payments behind, then caught the downward spiral that causes. I don't judge people, everybody has their reason and s**t happens. Also generally the accts that have been paid on time for 10 yrs are the ones we recover the most b/c we see someones credit hasnt had a huge impact and that theres still a chance to salvage it.

Comment

In my opinion, no. I dont actually for a CA, I work for a cc company and we do inhouse collections until 6 months pastdue. The majority of the payments you receive are from who people got one or two payments behind, then caught the downward spiral that causes. I don't judge people, everybody has their reason and s**t happens. Also generally the accts that have been paid on time for 10 yrs are the ones we recover the most b/c we see someones credit hasnt had a huge impact and that theres still a chance to salvage it.
                    In that example, I totally understand collection calls. I'd do the same if I was a creditor. Especially trying to make a deal after 2 or 3 months and when you know they are serious, because they have fallen behind on multiple accounts and creditors. Something is better than nothing and everyone wins.

The case I don't get is when someone is 5 or 10 months behind yet the CA seem to assume, this guy is hiding something or has money. If anyone was dodgy like that and was actually hiding something, the last thing they'd do is admit to it.
                    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
                      In that example, I totally understand collection calls. I'd do the same if I was a creditor. Especially trying to make a deal after 2 or 3 months and when you know they are serious, because they have fallen behind on multiple accounts and creditors. Something is better than nothing and everyone wins.

The case I don't get is when someone is 5 or 10 months behind yet the CA seem to assume, this guy is hiding something or has money. If anyone was dodgy like that and was actually hiding something, the last thing they'd do is admit to it.
                      Yeah, I agree with you. At that point the fee's can be ridiculous! lol I've been known to tell people who had an old acct that wrote off to ride it out to the statue rather than re-start it. I always get in trouble when I do though! lol oh well when its been years, it's the truth.

Comment

Yes what you said is super true! I definitely know some collectors break violations but those are the same ones that probably make their hourly rate and that's it. I'm one of the most understanding ones out there (partially b/c I know too what it's like) but because of being that way and getting an account current generally puts a bonus in my pocket each month that more than doubles my income. But just like the majority of other people here, I work to feed my kids and keep a roof over us and if I could find a different job that paid as well as I would be gone in a heartbeat. It's so hard listening to everything horrible that has happened to people and b/c I care it gets depressing after so long. But thank you to those who understand the otherside!

A few months ago, Citibank had the police check upon me. Three police cars showed up!

I finally got around to get Citibank's side of the story - they have no record such an event ever took place.

Funny, the police report says differently.

I mentioned to Citi that they disclosed to the Police that I was behind on my mortgage [second]. They said it never hppened. They don't divulge to third parties confidential information.

Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                          A few months ago, Citibank had the police check upon me. Three police cars showed up!

I finally got around to get Citibank's side of the story - they have no record such an event ever took place.

I mentioned to Citi that they disclosed to the Police that I was behind on my mortgage [second]. They said it never hppened. They don't divulge to third parties confidential information.

If there is documentation on that, hand it off to your attorney and get em.

Comment

I remember bits and pieces of this but the police only show up if there is a complaint that a crime is taking place, not because someone is behind on their bills! Something has to be indicated on the police report for them to show up at your residence cause the police aren't going to ask you for your credit history! Did you threaten or say something bad to an agent/caller from Citibank or something for them to call the police? For three police cars to show up, they just didn't want to see your mortgage papers!

They have a record of it but do not discuss issues like that over the phone with anybody. You would have to probably subpoena the information

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I would go after them for that, that's horrible. I have never heard of a creditor doing that. If that isn't illegal, then it should be and if the police say they did it, then it seems you have some pretty good witnessess.
                              Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X