Bank of America Calling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America Calling?

I'm located in Colorado and Bank of America called this evening at all of the times listed below. Can this be considered reasonable? Are they doing anything wrong?

7:20pm
    8:00pm
    8:06pm
    8:13pm
    8:27pm
    8:31pm

Doesn't really bother because it goes straight to voicemail. I do answer once per week and give them the same response.

"I can't make a payment at this time but I'm aware of the problem and I'm working to correct the situation as soon as possible. I have your contact information and I'll be happy to contact you as soon as I have any new information."
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Original creditors like yours need not abide by the FDCPA rules.

They can call you all day between 8 and 9.

Try changing your phone #.

Colorado has its own Debt Collection Law, however it doesnt entitle you to rights, as they mirror the FDCPA and it applies only to "collection agencies" not "employees collecting debt on behalf of their employer (original creditor).

Comment

The number they call is my cell phone, so the number can't be changed. Just have to deal with the calls until we file in early December. I'll just start answering the phone more often and feed them full of crap.
      Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
      "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
        I'm located in Colorado and Bank of America called this evening at all of the times listed below. Can this be considered reasonable? Are they doing anything wrong?

7:20pm
        8:00pm
        8:06pm
        8:13pm
        8:27pm
        8:31pm

Doesn't really bother because it goes straight to voicemail. I do answer once per week and give them the same response.

"I can't make a payment at this time but I'm aware of the problem and I'm working to correct the situation as soon as possible. I have your contact information and I'll be happy to contact you as soon as I have any new information."
        Robo dialers will dial more if they have gotten a response. So by answering once a week, you are just increasing the volume of the calls.

If you have an IP based phone, block the number, or like optimistic1 said, change your number.

An IP based phone or an IP based phone masking service such as Googlevoice would block and screen the calls for you.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

The number they call is my cell phone, so the number can't be changed. Just have to deal with the calls until we file in early December. I'll just start answering the phone more often and feed them full of crap.
          Go yo your provider and tell them you get collection calls you suspect are from the previous owner of that number. Then they will give uou a new number.
          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
            Original creditors like yours need not abide by the FDCPA rules.

They can call you all day between 8 and 9.
            Why can they only call from 8 to 9?

Comment

I have not heard a peep out of BoA, not a peep......

Comment

Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
                Why can they only call from 8 to 9?
                Legally, collectors can call from 8am to 9pm in your time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                  I have not heard a peep out of BoA, not a peep......

How long has it been since you last paid B of A? I missed my 8/14 & 9/14 payments and they call all day long. Always the unknown number calling. All of my other creditor call numbers can be traced.

Discover Card starts calling at 8:00am and will call every 2 hours after that.

Comment

How long has it been since you last paid B of A? I missed my 8/14 & 9/14 payments and they call all day long. Always the unknown number calling. All of my other creditor call numbers can be traced.

Discover Card starts calling at 8:00am and will call every 2 hours after that.
                    I have missed the last 2 payments, They have my correct home number on file, but so far not a peep.

Citi on the other hand was calling on the 8th day after my first payment was missed, they called 5 times a day, at least, I talked with them 3 times the last time I just gave them my attorneys name and number and have not heard a peep from them since.

I was hoping to file this month but now it looks like October before I have my attorney fees paid for and then file in November, he is backed up, unless I get sued, then he will push me to the top of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by wantout View Post
                      I have missed the last 2 payments, They have my correct home number on file, but so far not a peep.

Citi on the other hand was calling on the 8th day after my first payment was missed, they called 5 times a day, at least, I talked with them 3 times the last time I just gave them my attorneys name and number and have not heard a peep from them since.

I was hoping to file this month but now it looks like October before I have my attorney fees paid for and then file in November, he is backed up, unless I get sued, then he will push me to the top of the list.

Wonder if the balance owed makes a difference. I owe a little over $15,000 to B of A.

Comment

Wonder if the balance owed makes a difference. I owe a little over $15,000 to B of A.

Over $25,000 on this end......

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          Legally, collectors can call from 8am to 9pm in your time zone.
                          Well the reason I asked was that 'legally' an OC can call at any hour seven days a week unless your state law specifies different. OC's are not bound by the FDCPA. In general they still follow some basic protocols (like not calling at 3:00 am) but a lot of OC's call you at 10:00 pm or 6:00 am.

Comment

Wait till your on the line with them talking and your call waiting beeps and it is them calling you. Had that happen a few times, I just tell the person I talking to, sorry got to go, your calling me again and I need to resolve this with you...good bye.

Comment

Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
                              Well the reason I asked was that 'legally' an OC can call at any hour seven days a week unless your state law specifies different. OC's are not bound by the FDCPA. In general they still follow some basic protocols (like not calling at 3:00 am) but a lot of OC's call you at 10:00 pm or 6:00 am.
                              I like your forum nickname.

I never had anyone call me outside the hours of 8 am to 9 pm. They would push it to the limit and call me at 8:01 am or 8:59 pm, but never were they outside that. The calls are made by robo dialers that are programmed and since most states use the FDCPA guidelines as a general rule, its easier to set the machines up to start at 8am and end at 9pm. It's interesting, but I never got calls on Sundays for some reason. You would think that they would call more on Sundays, since people tend to be home....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X