Repo Company Takes the Wrong Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repo Company Takes the Wrong Vehicle

My neighbor comes out this morning and his white Chevrolet pickup truck is gone. No sign of it. The sheriff's department comes out and during the course of the investigation they decide to check the repo list from the night before even though my neighbor's truck is paid for. Sure enough, according to the repo list called into the sheriff's department a white GMC truck was repoed from a house three doors down from my neighbor. Funny thing is that the GMC is sitting there.

When the deputy checks the VIN it's the vehicle that the company claims they repossessed. I think a repo company is in deep trouble! Knowing my neighbor as I do, I don't think returning the vehicle with an apology is going to do the trick. He is one hacked off redneck.

Even if you don't actually check the VIN like you are supposed to at least look at the emblem on the grill!

Sounds like the repo guy(s) were morons and in a hurry.

I would not be surprised they entered the vehicle and some things might be missing.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

He told the sheriff's department that there was a (legally registered) handgun in the vehicle, plus some tools. This is a really big guy. I hope nothing is stolen from the vehicle when they bring it back. He says he is going to the prosecutors office to file charges if the deputies won't.

What idiots! The repo company is out of Atlanta which is an hour away. He says he isn't going to pick it up.

Comment

If the truck had a handgun inside, that should get the police's attention. If the gun shows up missing, somebody will have to come up with a really good story as to what happened to the gun.

Sounds like some really good drama.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

The company brought the truck back this afternoon. Everything was still in the vehicle but the owner still wants charges filed. Here's the funny part... When the repo company came out and brought his truck back they did not take the truck they came for the first time even though it is sitting in the driveway three doors down. I think they've had all they want with this one.

I also think because they were from Atlanta and this is a small town, they just wanted to get out of the town without becoming guests.

Comment

Did the owner see them return the truck?

I would say he should be able to press tresspassing charging and theft charges, but then, the court look at the activities of repo people in a complete different light.

Comment

He could try causing them some trouble by saying they had no permission to be on his property (trespassing) and they took his truck and gun without permission.

Comment

Interesting.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Now that he's got his truck back, his gun back and an air compressor/nail gun/misc tools that were in the bed, he's not so mad any more. The truck doesn't seem to have any damage. It's a stick shift and may not have even been locked. Yes, I know an unlocked truck with a large caliber handgun under the seat... brilliant. I do live in the boondocks. They brought it back on a flat bed but who knows what they towed it with originally.

This evening as we were all around the BBQ grill while consuming large quantities of alcoholic beverages he was laughing about how those boys from Atlanta went running back with an empty truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                    This evening as we were all around the BBQ grill while consuming large quantities of alcoholic beverages he was laughing about how those boys from Atlanta went running back with an empty truck.
                    Now that sounds like my kind of evening.
                    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Sounds like a good ending.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                        If the truck had a handgun inside, that should get the police's attention. If the gun shows up missing, somebody will have to come up with a really good story as to what happened to the gun.

Sounds like some really good drama.
                        Not in my state it wouldn't as it's legal here to carry one in your car or truck. Mine just stays on my belt but sometimes I leave it in the car if I go in where it's posted no guns.

Comment

We have open carry laws in my state. If they tried that **** on my property, they would have been shot for trespassing.
                          Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-06-2009, 05:42 AM. Reason: language

Comment

You do need to review the laws in your state for use of deadly force.
                            Or you can go to jail for misuse of a gun.
                            It's your choice.
                            Don't get me wrong, I am very pro gun, but I have little use for people that don't know and follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
                              You do need to review the laws in your state for use of deadly force.
                              Or you can go to jail for misuse of a gun.
                              It's your choice.
                              Don't get me wrong, I am very pro gun, but I have little use for people that don't know and follow the rules.
                              If someone is trespassing on your property in my state at least, you have a right to stand your ground and protect your property, family from any threat. A repo person taking a wrong vehicle, on my property, constitutes theft, and deadly force can and will be used.

At this point I really do not want to hijack the OP's thread.

The End.
                              Last edited by All Cash; 10-06-2009, 06:48 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X