Law Office of Frederick J. Hanna and Associates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law Office of Frederick J. Hanna and Associates

New collecter calling today.Anyone know what sort of outfit they are far as harrassing or sueing?866-949-6996

Funny you should bring this up. My Cell phone just went off the # was (866) 811-1159. I googled it and sure enough Frederic J. Hannah. haha. not even sure what card they are calling on.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I would call them back, identify yourself, confirm address, tell them you are recording the call, and request that they send you some written information within the next 5 days. Don't say jack about anyting else, other than you might express a concern about sharing personal and financial information over the phone. Tell them once you have reviewed their written documentation, you will get back to them. (C&D) LOL. That's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by landofpoor View Post
        New collecter calling today.Anyone know what sort of outfit they are far as harrassing or sueing?866-949-6996
        Fred Hanna and Associates was the former CA for my BoA and FIA accounts before they were turned over to Glasser and Glasser. I also heard that FH&A was under investigation for violating the Fair Debt Collection Act (can't remember the name, but it is something like that).
        Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
        Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Ahhha, They are probably calling on my B of A/FIA since only 2 cards have my cell # and they were one of them.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

They called about my BOA CC 6 months ago. I told them I was filing and gave them my attorneys contact info. I never heard from them after that.

Comment

I'm fairly sure they are nothing more than a collection agency.
              A real law firm wouldn't bother to put LAW FIRM in huge 24 point bold type. :-)
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

They're collecting on my FIA account. The first clown I spoke with was implying a court case was being filed October 30th. I called him on it and he wimpered back to being a simpleton. They love to intimidate you with the ATTORNEY nonsense but the fact is they are all just run of the mill collectors. The sad thing is they won't stay on the phone too long with me so playing with their minds isn't all that much fun.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                  Speaking of "simpleton" collectors, i get a call yesterday from Nationwide...the guy starts telling me they "have" my Amex account...so I ask are you collecting for Amex or do you OWN the account (and I tell him I am recording the call). He says the account is ours. So we go back and fourth like four times over who "owns" the account. I ask him straight out....so you now own the account you bought it from Amex and Amex has nothing to do with it anymore? Yes that is right I am told... OK, (so I am now thinking in my head how do I want to deal with them and I am kind of happy Amex sold my account) he starts asking why I can't pay etc. He then puts me on hold and this lady gets on the line. She says "Our client want to know what you intend to do...." Excuse me? Your client? Who is your client? (now I am thinking they are collecting for some JDB). She says Amex is our client... I said hold on, I just confirmed four times with the other guy that you owned the account. She said, oh no, we don't buy accounts we only collect on them. Then she proceeded to try to collect on it. I just said send me a letter I will respond to that.

I realized the man who I talked to the first few minutes seemed like we was new, he was so new that even when asked if they were a junk debt buyer he told me they were...LOL It was the fact I was not going along with his script is why the supervisor had to get on the phone...LOL Oh you got to love this stuff....
                  Yeah, I think there are a lot of new collectors out there, probably ex-used car salesmen who dont have a clue. I had a message today from some lady sounded all cheerful on the phone, but she was defenitly reading from a script . i dont know, LTD Financial , down in Texas, I have never heard of them. she closed with saying "this messeage is from a debt collector and any information gathered will be used to collect this debt".

I gotta start answereing some of these calls.............your having too much fun.

Comment

I received a call today from PRS out of New Jersey for my BOA acct. I informed them that I had sent a DV back in Sept. and had not received anything I had also requested that they only communicate by mail. After being transferred three times the last guy told me to stop interrupting him and that he had been in the business 30 yrs and that he would continue to call.

Comment

I always made it clear that "Please be advised that I will be recording this call." You should have recorded the call and sent them a copy of the recording and a transcript of the call to the FTC. Attach a copy of your FTC complaint to your letter to the CA. I did this a couple of times and that seemed to shut everything down.

Comment

Interestingly I checked my Equifax credit report today and found three "hard" inquiries from Fred Hanna & Associates on there. I guess it's another "weapon" in their arsenal, garbage up your credit report and lower your credit score; as if it could get any worse. :-)
                        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                          Interestingly I checked my Equifax credit report today and found three "hard" inquiries from Fred Hanna & Associates on there. I guess it's another "weapon" in their arsenal, garbage up your credit report and lower your credit score; as if it could get any worse. :-)
                          yeah, i found a new one on mine today from Encore. must be another Citi account.

Then i get this letter today from Client Services. I have never seen this type of letter. It references Citi as the Client, no account # just a debt amount. It says they are a Pre-legal CA, and they are required to do an asset search and employment verification. it's probably just a threat, but i certainly dont want them to call my employer. Their welcome to check my credit reportfor assets, they will see Citi already owns my house haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                            And how did you tell them to only communicate with you by mail? There is no law or provision that states that is what they must do.
                            I use to use the line:
                            Please also be advised that it is inconvenient for me to receive phone calls on any number at any time, as such, all correspondence should be via regular USPS mail.

They have now been advised of when its inconvenient for me to get calls (always). Sure... they could send a singing telegram or something, but realistically mail service is all that is left.
                            Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                            Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                              yeah, i found a new one on mine today from Encore. must be another Citi account.

Then i get this letter today from Client Services. I have never seen this type of letter. It references Citi as the Client, no account # just a debt amount. It says they are a Pre-legal CA, and they are required to do an asset search and employment verification. it's probably just a threat, but i certainly dont want them to call my employer. Their welcome to check my credit reportfor assets, they will see Citi already owns my house haha.
                              You don't need to provide them a thing. Send a C&D.
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X