Collection from a Minor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then pay it.

If your more scared of your parents finding out from the collector or yourself then just pay it.

As otherwise collectors will bend/break the law happily to get their money as most people they deal with do not know the law. As such your parents will find out from them. Your choice how they find out if you decide not to pay. We have told you the law to the best of our ability. The rest is up to you
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by cdog5000 View Post
      Well, should I tell my parents now? The debtor said I could possibly just be releived of my invoice and not fined or anything? But they wouldn't konw until tommorow since their Head of Sales isn't in.

This is starting to sound interesting. Ask them how much will be the fine and if you will have to go to jail.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

There are MANY other considerations here. I was just through a similar scenario with my 16 year old son.

We hold, in trust, a home for him, inherited from his deceased bio-father. The home is worth about 250k, in central Florida.

We missed a late fee on a HOA payment that ended up costing us 3k in attorney fees.

So, NO, a minor cannot be held to a contract.

BUT, if you have other assets, in trust, or some other form, they can rack up huge fees in attorney bills and place a lein against any other property that you either have in trust or is being held for you.

If any of this is similar to your situation, bring your parents/guardian into knowledge of this ASAP, or it could cost you and them dearly.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by cdog5000 View Post
          I was informed by mail that I owe a amount of 119.00 to a server company, can they collect from a minor? I am 14 years old.

You rented a Counter Strike server didn't you?...lol

Comment

Yup If there was any sort of fraud involved as I said before that would be a problem.

Bigboy does bring up a good point of just how did an online server farm rack up 100+ bucks in fees with some sort of credit card on file that they would just auto debit.

I'll go back to my prior advice as well tell the parents, they will find out anyways one way or another..
            3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
            4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
            4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
            6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

So Cdog what did you do?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X