Collection calls on new prepay phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection calls on new prepay phone

Have been getting collection calls on my new pre pay phone that I activated less than a week ago. Seems that the person who had the number before me is in deep debt doo dah.

Originally posted by jacko View Post
    Have been getting collection calls on my new pre pay phone that I activated less than a week ago. Seems that the person who had the number before me is in deep debt doo dah.
    Call the cell phone company for a new number.
    I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

I think the whole damn country is in Collections hell. i have a collector calling my Cell looking for some other guy on a medical bill. i have had my same Cell # for over 10 years.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
        I think the whole damn country is in Collections hell.
        I think you're correct.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Everone is BROKE. Even the ones who you would not think have money problems.

Believe me, hardly anyone is immune.
          Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
          Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
          Case went without a hitch!
          I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

i got a call this morning in my cell, this idiot called 5 times in about 7 minutes, my called ID just showed "954". finally I answered it. he asks is this blank blanks husband ?? i said you got the wrong number. he say so you want to play games i'll just send this to legal, and I just hung up on him. Not sure who this jerk is calling from but he was calling my mother-in-laws # too. if anyone knows who this caller ID is let me know
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by calgirl67 View Post
              Even the ones who you would not think have money problems.
              Many times, they are the worst off. We just put on a good show until we're ready to file. I'm in that club.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yep, requesting a new number won't do much good because most people who have pay as you go cell phones have bad debts, so you are going to get collection calls for the previous owner of that cell phone number. I have found that by simply answering the phone and telling them they have the wrong phone number gets them to stop calling you in most cases. If not, then get their address and send them a cease and desis letter. That almost always works.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

The calls have stopped. All is good. Will not give the number out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X