Hunt & Henriques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt & Henriques

Got 2 letters from these bottom feeders today. I expected to get something from them sooner or later since they do a lot of work for Citi and sure enough these are both Citi cards. I did research on my local cout docket some time ago, found quite a few cases filed. But I think they mainly try to get default judgements and dont like it if the debtor files an answer.

Anyone had experience with them ??
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

I got a dunning letter from them, sent them a DV letter and the only thing I got from them after that was a copy of a lawsuit in the mail. I filed and the case was dismissed. You're probably about 2 months from a lawsuit in the mail...

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
      I got a dunning letter from them, sent them a DV letter and the only thing I got from them after that was a copy of a lawsuit in the mail. I filed and the case was dismissed. You're probably about 2 months from a lawsuit in the mail...
      right on track for my filing in january. did you get served ??Mabee I'll follow-up the DV with a letter telling them I'm filing and my att's name.
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Walktheplank should have been served. Before a suit, you must be notified. A copy of an intended suit is not the suit unless it was served as a summons by mail. Was that copy a certified mail? 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Nope, wasn't cert mail, although they had actually filed suit against me in the court and the paperwork I received was the actual filed lawsuit. The issue of service is really moot in my case as the suit has been dismissed due to the BK filing.

Comment

today i get a letter in the mail from these guys saying B of A has authorized the to settle for 75% of the balance, and I could have up to 36 months to pay. Suprised me. I had been waiting for them to sue me. i think B of A is hurtin for money. or they pulled my CR and can tell I'm about to file, since it looks like a disaster

Comment

If you already have a bankruptcy attorney, I would definitely send them a letter stating you will be finling bk soon, and tell them to contact your bk attorney from now on and give them the attorney's name and contact information.

If I was a debt collector and I got a letter like that in the mail, I wouldn't want to waste any time or money filing a lawsuit against you.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I got a letter from these creeps, then a phone call, about 3 wks ago about my $28k Citi card. They asked "if I would like to settle this now and keep it out of court". HAAA I literally laughed, I said "actually I am taking it to court, bankrupcty court". YOUR "law firm" will be served just after Feb 10th.

She had the nerve to say "well nothing changes until you actually give us a file number". To which I retorted, go ahead.. waste your money filing suit only to have it dismissed.

Creeeps
                Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
                Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
                Case went without a hitch!
                I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                  did they file the lawsuit out of state? I definitely dont want any judgements on my CR, but its already trashed beyond recognition so why should I care.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                    did they file the lawsuit out of state? I definitely dont want any judgements on my CR, but its already trashed beyond recognition so why should I care.
                    It was filed in my local court. It was subsequently dismissed when I filed BK.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                      If your in california these creeps get a lot of the Citi and B of A action, also The Moore Law Group is pretty active. Checking my docket for the central district, they both file cases almost every day, trying for the easy default judgement.

Comment

I first got a letter from Citi in December threatening me that they would get an action suit on me if I didn't respond back to them. In the first week of 2010 I got a letter from these creeps. In the letter they stated that they were going to sue me. I looked them up online and it seems like they are from San Jose or some where close. From all that I read, they are sharks.

Comment

These people are looking for easy marks, as is the Moore Law Group (my opinion). Both my wife and I are on Social Security Disability. We are permanently disabled. We will never work again. Unfortunately, we are also in debt. We live in a 30 year old mobilehome, which is paid for, as is our car. Otherwise, we have no significant assets. Yet, these two law firms are after us like we are the Hiltons. It seems like such a waste of their client's money.

We are filing chapter 7 soon, within a few months. Even though we are facing judgments, our attorney has assured us that we are pretty much "judgment proof", as our income is solely from disability (or as close as one can be....nobody is ever completely immune), so we are not in a terrible hurry. We could, as long as we are careful, hang on for a long time. I know this sounds odd, but I think the right thing to do is to file and not play the games. The main thing we are concerned with right now is keeping our disability money segregated from any other money.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X