Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are they allowed to call my home?

Why are they allowed to call my home?
    When I applied for a credit card everything was done through the mail. Why are they violating my privacy and harassing my family through phone calls? Can I sue them?
    Hope is in our way. After BK!

When you applied for credit, you gave them your home phone number as a means to contact you. You probably also provided the name, address and phone number of your nearest relative not living with you and they could also contact them if they cannot reach you. You gave them permission to call you if you don't pay your bill by signing on the dotted line when you obtained your loan or credit card...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

When I provided the phone number was for application process matters. Not for future harassing matters. Anybody can contest this?
      I don't think I gave them permission to call if I don't pay my bill.
      Hope is in our way. After BK!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeMike View Post
        When I provided the phone number was for application process matters. Not for future harassing matters. Anybody can contest this?
        Sorry, but exactly what did you think they would do if you quit paying the money owed? You can choose to not answer any of their calls, but they will do everything they can to locate you. Including calling family, friends, emplorer and neighbors.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Did you actually read the card holder agreement before signing the back of the card and using their money? You act as if you are the party wronged here. The credit granter took a chance on you and well, this one isn't working out so well for them. We've all been there or we wouldn't be here.

Keep in mind that the credit card company isn't the party that failed to uphold their end of the bargain here, you are. They are out money and they are going to attempt whatever means they can to get that money back from you. Hopefully all legal means. Cruise the site, learn your rights and there is a good chance that they will never get that money back. Of course, there is also a chance that no one will want to grant you credit again at least not at any type of favorable terms.

Oh and can you sue them? Sure, you can sue God because the sun doesn't come up in the morning. Of course, then they get to counter sue for the money that you owe them plus all legal fees. I see that one coming out well.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeMike View Post
            Read the fine print in the paperwork or brochure that accompanied the application you signed or the "please read before signing" information that would pop up if you applied online...once you sign you would be surprised what you allow them to do with the information you supplied - next time read the fine print!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I read all your earlier posts, BrokeMike. All of this is new to you, and you will be okay after you file. We all sign our lives away after the fact for DEBT. Even if you owed someone (family member, example) and didn't sign a contract, they would call you if you didn't make a payment to them as well. Am I right? I am learning that all of this is like jumping through hoops (process is pretty much the same for everyone here). Once again, we are so anxious to get the debt that we don't read the fine print. None the less, you are scared right now, and wanting to feed your family instead of paying your debt payments is understandable. The advice you get on this forum is to the point, and truthful. Hang in there.

I have already decided to stay away from credit cards from here on out too. Good luck.
              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X