No announcement yet.

"Check Restitution Program"....heheheee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a collector that contracts with many State Attorney Generals... unfortunately. I think they may contract with individual municipalities as well.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Actually, I doubt that many State Attorney's know this is going on based on the "response" that I got when I reported these folks to the Arapahoe County DA's office....It took 24 hours for them to give these slimeballs the boot....Honestly, I don't think what they're doing is legal at all....it's just that too many people are scared by them to question their tactics.

Comment

If they mention my AG's name, I know it's not true. However, you're absolutely right... this could be an issue for someone who doesn't know.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by NHC View Post
          Honestly, and this is one of my favorite rants....why does everyone think they need to make big bucks (for the least amount of work) regardless of who they fleece for it or how they collect it? Seriously, the Credit Card companies are raising their rates to continue to make their big profits....and to cover those who can't make the payments.....insurance companies have been posting big profits too...at the cost of ma and pa american....the mortgage industry is in a wreck because of the subprime loans (again, they found a way to make that bottom line fatter)...but in the long run, no matter how you slice it, there are too many companies that are just after money and they don't care how they get it....the scruples of many companies just seem to have gone down the toilet in the past few years....and in my opinion that's part of the reason this country's finances are in such a mess....
          I don't believe it's overstated at all. I have had more problems in the past year with orders being lost, credits not being made without many phone calls, businesses trying to slip in a charge on my phone account or other account for things I never asked for, or ordered- than I've had in the 30 or so years of being an adult. Other people I know report the same. Customer service in most places is a complete joke- except it's not funny.

Every creditor included in our BK has reported it incorrectly to the Credit Bureaus. Some that were paid off years prior to the BK decided to change "my paid in full as agreed" to Included in Bankruptcy & 180 days late. One creditor created a second false account with a $4.00 original balance (this was supposedly a mtg.) and reported it foreclosed and 180 days late. Either they all have some of the dumbest employees on Earth, or they are purposely trying to ding my credit just a little more and see if I notice and dispute.

It is truly rare to find a company with great customer service anymore. Most of the time, your talking to someone reading a script.

I've learned to audit accounts VERY closely and get everything in writing if I am indeed placing an order. I only deal with businesses I know and have had good outcomes in the past. If they think they can get away with it, they will try. There is no punishment for them other than having to credit the account for something never recieved or ordered.

There was recently a recall on one of our major household appliances- it has faulty insulation that catches fire. Do you think I recieved any notification from this fine reputable company? No- I happened to find a link to an article about it in an entirely unrelated website.

Unfortunately, a companies "word", or supposed reputation, isn't worth squat anymore- and sometimes even if put in writing, you better go through the document with a fine tooth comb- they always leave themselves a way out.

Trust is gone. Zero, zilch, none left. I cringe at the thought of making any large purchase, and will certainly hire an attorney in the future before signing a contract with any contractor or servicer.

Buyer beware- this is the USA- big business runs the show.
          All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post

Interesting...wouldn't a program run by the state have a state.us internet address? Anyone can buy a website and call it hotchecks.net, steal the DA's pic and siggy off her official site and build a sucker site.
            I'm sure that's been done, but not in this case.

There are legit check restitution programs out there.

Be careful....

Comment

I am sure that some of them are 'legit' but then again....interesting read:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X