top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The calls just started and I LOOOVE Google Voice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The calls just started and I LOOOVE Google Voice!

I absolutely LOVE Google Voice! I've had BOA call me from two different numbers 3x a day yesterday and today. I set it up so that they automatically get sent to a VM that states, "You've reached XXX & XXX of (our address) and yes, we are aware that we are late on our payments. Thank you for your reminder call."

So... is that okay? I remember reading that as long as they know they've got the right contact information, they tend to not call quite as frequently... or is this totally incorrect? Do I actually need to answer every once in a while? Is it okay to say I intend to send payment in a couple of weeks even though I obviously do not intend to??

BTW - I have three invites left for google voice, so if anyone is interested, PM me!
    Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
    Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
    Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
    Discharged 06/23/10

Thanks for the information, I just don't want anyone calling my relatives or neighbors.

Comment

Ok.. all three invites are gone.
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Sadly, they will not be satisfied talking to your VM forever.
        Eventually they'll try different numbers they have for you.
        They want to talk to you and scare you.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
          Sadly, they will not be satisfied talking to your VM forever.
          Eventually they'll try different numbers they have for you.
          They want to talk to you and scare you.
          Yeah.. that's what I figured. Will they even leave a VM? I don't mind calling them back at least once a day probably.
          Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
          Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

'kailansmom04', Quote: ..."I don't mind calling them back at least once a day probably"

Huhhhhhhhhh? Calling them back? No way !.....I can just see spending all day 'chatting' with some %$#^@. With the amount of calls coming in, a day wouldn't be long enough, plus my limited cell minutes are way to precious to go to waste. I much prefer leaving the ringtone off, and let them dial.....I check messages at night, and delete them at that time....

BTW Thanks for the 'Google Voice' refer ...got the email,didn't take long at all.

Comment

Google voice is pretty cool. I even have all my cell calls now forwarded to GV and let GV decide to "forward them back." I also changed my cell number and have a message on the olf number that states where I can be reached (GV.) In the meantime, I have applied for many, many different lines of credit using the GV number. Interesting is that recent information related to my phone numbers (CR's, LN, etc) all show the GV number to anyone that has a legitimate request for info related to my credit reports, chexsys, etc. My new cell number is nowhere to be found. Will Google share such information with others? I think their record stands for itself. They will mount an army of attorneys to fight against any effort to deprive individuals of their privacy.

All my personal communication between friends and relatives is now done through real-time free providers such as Skype, etc. There are now fewer than 3 people who have direct access to my cell, but everyone has access to my GV number. And, the great thing is that GV will shutdown (not accept) calls marked unavailable, unknown, etc.

Just my opinions.

On the other hand, i always speak to OC's and new collectors until I can get an address to mail a DV or cease and desist letter. I believe hiding form the enemy is not in your favor, ever.

Comment

This all sounds great, but don't you run a big risk of them trying to track you down, calling relatives, friends, neighbors!!! I would rather talk to them and confirm they have the correct number. I had a CA call my parents even after they had confirmation of my telephone number. I would rather not run the risk of them calling all over creation looking for me!!!!

Comment

GV's the best! I changed my # to my google voice line months b4 I stopped paying and temp suspended my cell phone(only # any creditor had for me). I saved the #'s in my contacts so I know excatly who's calling. Also I have more than one GV account..one for creditors...one for me!

Comment

Eventually they do leave messages. I am bombarded by GE Money lately. However I take calls once a month or so, but every time I pick up (I say a curt hello) it beeps and hangs up. Last night they left a message about a private confidential matter and I needed to call back. I haven't, but will have to leave another "sorry, can't afford it" call soon.

BoA called and I took it...not even 60 days out and already collections is calling. I told them I can't afford it and when they asked why I said "insurance went up, rent went up, gas went up, food went up, utilities went up...salary went down." I will owe the IRS too. She put me on hold and I got a manager. He babbled on about "valued customer" and I fired back that I am so valued I was ratejacked AND CLDed to the tune of 9K, maxing me out. I apologized and said there was no money anymore. He said he had to document a "refusal to pay". Yeah, I know. I figure I bought a week or two of radio silence though, and in fairness they were pretty nice. They have a job to do, but I have needs that need cash.

GV may be worth looking into. I bought a 14 dollar prepaid.
                    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by OHBOY View Post
                      BTW Thanks for the 'Google Voice' refer ...got the email,didn't take long at all.
                      Wow! I'm glad you got it so fast!!! Have fun with it! It's so cool all the stuff you can do.
                      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

BoA is the one that has started calling us. They've called 10 times in the past two days and we're only 30 days late. I have someone else calling with an "unknown" number and I have GV set up to drop those calls immediately. I'll start answering some, but I don't want to answer while hubby is home.

I'm trying to get some cease and desist letters ready to mail, too.
                        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Google keeps voice recordings for a minimum of a year and internet searches indefinately. Be careful what you have recorded. I just seen this on MSNBC the other night. They have a team that pulls warranted records - many times the individual they are sharing records for don't even know it.

Comment

I can't say for certain, but in my opinion the willingness to throw a "block party" (call your neighbors) or an "office party" (call your office/boss) is strictly related to the meanness of the collector, or a policy by the creditor that they really must bring you to the phone every so often for a little chat.

I suspect that if they get voice mail long enough they will eventually try to "locate" you like this, which stretches the meaning of "locate" to mean "force to have a conversation with us."

I realize this is splitting hairs but it may affect those of you using voice mail diversion strategies to avoid this nasty behavior.
                            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I would not avoid their calls for long. Quite soon they WILL start calling your relatives, YOUR WORK, YOUR BOSS and your neighbors. They are calling because they want to get a hold of you to bug you into paying.

I would strongly suggest taking their calls unless you want the world to know you are not paying your bills.

Believe me, I'm been there...
                              Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
                              Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
                              Case went without a hitch!
                              I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X