top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The calls just started and I LOOOVE Google Voice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
    And I will have to change my voicemail. That way they can leave a message though most of the time they won't bother.
    That much I did already...Mine now says "Hello, you have reached Nickifan. (You know what I mean...my real name) at (telephone #) xxx -xx -xxxx. Please leave me a message."

No one has yet.

I wonder if I should confirm my address too, or at least the city? Hate to do that though...I've already had a friend wonder aloud why I changed my message...and unfortunately, since I'm madly looking for a job, I also don't want to make any potential employers wonder ....

Comment

I don't use my personal home or cell for this purpose. Am on waiting list for Google VOice but bought a cheapo T-Mobile phone and changed all my bill numbers to it. No one uses this phone so I can change the message with impunity.

Most of the calls are robos, so there is rarely a message. Even if you pick up, there is rarely someone on the other end.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I've been getting calls from "unknown number" every hour on the hour for the past 4-5 days.. I've lost count. I have it where it rolls straight to voicemail and doesn't even ring anywhere. I am guessing that no one will ever leave a message though.
        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
        Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
        Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

I get lots of "No Number" calls. I don't bother...at least one was a CA and it wasn't even for me. I also got a lot of 1-000-000-0000 and they are part of the "screened" list so the phone does not ring when they call. I did this with known BoA and GE Money numbers since I am now on their s*** list for going to collections. A CA will be a new number and ring, just in case they promise a good offer. (Bwaaaahahaha...)
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I use gmail=- does anyone have a google voice invite?

I admit I am me- then I set the phone down and go about my day. I have to say event that is getting frustrating.
            Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Sent a few of you PM's with invites.
              Chapter 7 No Asset
              Filed January 2010
              341 February 2010
              Discharged April 2010

Comment

It is calling out that it cannot verify my phone. Bummer.

Comment

GOt it to work, only to find out that it does not support prepaids. Ah well. I suppose I can move my new number here lol.

Comment

If any one has any more invites...I'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                      GOt it to work, only to find out that it does not support prepaids. Ah well. I suppose I can move my new number here lol.
                      How does it not support it? What won't it do for you? I have a prepaid phone and GV works with mine. The only thing I couldn't get to work was linking google voicemail to link to the voicemail on my prepaid phone, but I didn't need it to do that.
                      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

If you want to request an invite from google, go here:

I didn't realize you could do that
                        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Originally posted by coolmom04 View Post
                          How does it not support it? What won't it do for you? I have a prepaid phone and GV works with mine. The only thing I couldn't get to work was linking google voicemail to link to the voicemail on my prepaid phone, but I didn't need it to do that.
                          It IDed my phone service and a note said it does not support TMobile prepaids.

Comment

they really should use a working phone to place calls. That split second tells me - it is them. I refuse to pay $8 for caller ID.

I am getting tired of the calls. I just complained to the FTC over it.

Comment

A nice person sent my a GV- and I so THANK you!!

Comment

Originally posted by ApresMoi View Post
                                Well, I HOPE they call a relative or two who had the prissy nerve to pass judgment on my long-term unemployment. And I hope they keep calling them. Because these wet noodles will get flustered, and/or feel embarrassed that my pending bankruptcy is now common knowledge among family and (more importantly) their inlaws. That's why.

So the debt collector's tactic only works if you have fear, or actually care what others think.

Personally? I'm AWFULLY close to jumping the shark on 'what others think'.

Good for you. Often I've found that those who would pass judgment on you are simply put, full of it. I've had relatives of mine called and I simply told them to give them my phone number and PO box then tell them never to call again and that6 if they do, they should call the police or ignore them.

TIP: Many phones allow you to select "No ringer" or "Silent" for certain numbers. This works pretty good as far as not beign able to disturb you.
                                Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X