top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Exactly Does a Creditor See On Your Credit Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Exactly Does a Creditor See On Your Credit Report?

I've never even seen my own credit report, that I can recall.
    ...so kind of excuse my ignorance.

Since stopping pay on most of my cards but one, I wonder what the unpaid creditors see when they pull my report? I'm speaking particularly of detail.
    Do they pull the same one I could get from a credit agency?

Do they see just general info like name and other creditors names or are amounts I owe also shown? .....payment amounts I'm making or not making?

Mortgages not being paid with specifics or just generalities?

places of work, relatives, auto owned etc?

Thanks

On your own report that you can ask for you have payments you made, credit limits, late/no pays, maximum amount you have had on the card, how long you have had it, addresses you have had in the last 10 years or more (I found an address I had not been in for about 17 years), whether the accounts are open or closed, where I worked, my job position (needed serious updating). There is a lot of useful info on there...and there can even be wrong info.

I am betting the creditors can pull reports that show more including FICO score. I had this when applying for a mortgage; and the FICOs they had were quite a bit lower than the ones you pay for.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

They can see if you have a mortgage which tells them if you have real estate.

They can see if you have a car payment which tells them if you have a car.

They can see if you are paying other debts which tells them you have money to pay them.

They can see if you applied for a checking account in the last few years which tells them you have a checking account and where it is.

They can see if you applied for a job in the last few years and where it is.

They can see if you have changed your address with the U.S. Postal Service or with another creditor so they can find your new address.

They can often find your current phone number if your other creditors have updated that information.

They can find your new employer if your bank or another creditor updated that information.

If you have joint accounts, they can find that information.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X