Crap One update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap One update

At the end of November, I sent the crap one debt collector lawyer the information they requested such as my full name, SS, address, employer, car make, current checking account info etc.. I did not send via register mail, just dropped it off in the mail box at the post office. I did not care if they got it or not since I had it notarized.

Since I fall under the poverty income guidelines, I thought they would leave me alone. On December 5, I left the state to go visit the folks for at least 2-3 months. I have a friend who has been collecting the mail weekly in my absence. By mid December the crap one lawyer sent another darning letter that they will be garnishing(NON_EARNINGS) my since closed checking account(closed over 6 months ago). They are requesting if any of the funds in the closed account is exempt etc.. This summons was sent through regular mail and was not discovered until mid January under a pile of other creditor letters. I finally received it today at my folks residence. The summons was due back last month.

I assume that did not receive my debtor exam. I still have my current checking account open that I monitor closely. Once funds are deposited, I pay my utilities and auto insurance ahead of the due date and withdraw my excess funds.

Since I did not respond and January is almost history, I have not heard from them. However, there is register mail at the post office awaiting but will not be there to retrieve since I will not be returning soon.

BTW: The auction date on my condo has been postponed for the second time for another three months which restarts the six month redemption period.

At least I will be making up for PMI and my initial down payment.

So let me understand, you got a letter telling in you advance they will be garnishing a bank acct you have closed 6 months ago? ...I thought when creditors got judgments and did this, it was a surprise?

Comment

I am confused as well. When I sent in my debtor exam as requested, I included my current bank info. I did list my mortgage as requested to. I had a checking account with the same bank I have my mortgage with.

I don't think they received my debtor exam from the looks of it. Oh well.

Originally posted by ryan View Post
      So let me understand, you got a letter telling in you advance they will be garnishing a bank acct you have closed 6 months ago? ...I thought when creditors got judgments and did this, it was a surprise?

Comment

My mail collector just informed me that the crap one CA lawyer sent another summons that they will be garnishing from another checking account that has been closed for over 5 years. Seems these summons are worthless unless they get the judge involved.

Do you think they will find my current checking account? He he..-)

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
          I don't know what state the OP is in, but in California, when an account is garnished, the account is frozen and the debtor is given 10 days to file a claim that all or a portion of the funds are exempt.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X