Filing an Answer. Limited Civil Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing an Answer. Limited Civil Case

Went to court today, limited civil case, credit card debt I owe to Citi of about 11k. They use this firm of so called attorney's called Hunt & Henriques. The clerk gave me 60 days to file an answer. I did not before because the summons was sent to a previous address, thought if I went to court the judge might throw it out (which has happened before.) Can anyone tell me the forms I need to fill out, I'm hoping to delay until I get approved for a loan mod (hopeful) and file a ch 13.
    Thanks

I see from other posts that you are in California. Judicial Counsel Forms are at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi. You probably need either "Answer-Contract" or "General Denial". Read the general denial form carefully to determine whether you can use it. You may need other forms as well. Read the local rules of court and California Rule of Court which are on the same website as the forms (local rules should also be on the court's website). Check the court's website to see if they have a self-help center to help people who represent themselves. You want to be sure you do things correctly so they don't get a default judgment against you. You could also go to a law library and look at a civil procedure practice guide.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X