United Recovery Systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Recovery Systems?

Wife got a call from United Recovery Systems on a citi account. They do not own the account but are representing the OC. OC said have to deal with them. They want to settle for 50% of the balance. I explained was not going to happen as she did not settle withthe OC for 30%. Explained she is unemployed, disabled now, has no income, no assetts and we have a prenup so good luck.

Has anyone ever been sued by them? They have several locations this one seems to be in Houston, TX.

I would not even pay the 30%. Screw them.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Just slam the phone down and do not answer them. Have you filed for BK, or are you going to?
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

They're CA trash. Just send a DV or C&D and they'll go away.

True story. They call me about some Citi credit card. They say to me, well , I see here you're still paying your Exxon Mobil card, so I know you have money. (Apparently they compile a dossier on you from your credit report).

After that, I quit paying the Exxon Mobil card.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

united recovery is not a Law firm. I had several Citi accounts go to them. Funny thing, they called my wifes cell phone today, not sure how they got it, but she did not answer.it's the 1st step for your OC. Your OC sent it there so they can scare you into paying. send them a DV with a note to not contact by phone and they will go to sleep.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

albacore: "filed 2020?"...

Comment

Originally posted by OHBOY View Post
              albacore: "filed 2020?"...
              typo
              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I can vouch for URS simply going away once receiving a DV.

Comment

I spoke to these nice folks two weeks ago about a Chase account. I gave them my attorneys information and have not heard from them since. Very rude bunch.

Comment

...Doug Shultz is listed as the CEO of URS.

They are out of Texas.
                    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

I just got my first call from them this afternoon. Sending C&D letter tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by clo View Post
                        Wife got a call from United Recovery Systems on a citi account. They do not own the account but are representing the OC. OC said have to deal with them. They want to settle for 50% of the balance. I explained was not going to happen as she did not settle withthe OC for 30%. Explained she is unemployed, disabled now, has no income, no assetts and we have a prenup so good luck.

Has anyone ever been sued by them? They have several locations this one seems to be in Houston, TX.
                        They contacted me about a debt over 5 years ago and threatened "legal action"

I sent them a Cease and Desist Letter and never heard from them again. They did not sue me.
                        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                          They're CA trash. Just send a DV or C&D and they'll go away.

True story. They call me about some Citi credit card. They say to me, well , I see here you're still paying your Exxon Mobil card, so I know you have money. (Apparently they compile a dossier on you from your credit report).

After that, I quit paying the Exxon Mobil card.
                          Ha! That'll teach 'em!
                          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X