Turn the table on bill collectors, lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn the table on bill collectors, lol

Check this out. This guy studied the law and sues them- he enjoys getting calls now. Go figure.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Excellent article!
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Wish all states were as consumer friendly as Texas

Comment

love it

Originally posted by anykey View Post
        http://www.roguegovernment.com/Bette...0/8/8/Y/M.html

Check this out. This guy studied the law and sues them- he enjoys getting calls now. Go figure.
        we all need to fight back like this.

Comment

That story is inspiring to be sure...

Comment

I am planning on it. It is a violation of the Texas laws to harass by phone and this includes making anonymous or blocked calls. Blocked calls also violate the deceptive trade practices acts here because you are not divulging who you are and what you want. I need to figure out how to tape calls, but I am logging every call made from anonymous or scammed numbers. I will take a call and find out which creditor is doing it, and wham! I figure I can make some money back before filing lol.
            First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

If I had made a dime for every collection call I got, I wouldn't have had to file! lol

Comment

Sometimes I wish I lived in Texas.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                  I am planning on it. It is a violation of the Texas laws to harass by phone and this includes making anonymous or blocked calls. Blocked calls also violate the deceptive trade practices acts here because you are not divulging who you are and what you want. I need to figure out how to tape calls, but I am logging every call made from anonymous or scammed numbers. I will take a call and find out which creditor is doing it, and wham! I figure I can make some money back before filing lol.
                  Get a phone with a speaker phone. And get a regular ordinary tape recorder. Or if you want to spend a little bit more, get an mp3 player with voice recording options which converts the phone call into an mp3 that you can download to your computer and then burn to a CD.

Then when they call, just turn on your tape recorder and turn on the speaker phone, and it will work.

Eventhough I live in Arizona, I still say "This telephone call is being tape recorded, and the current date and time" ... just so I have it on tape.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                    Radio Shack has a couple of different types of "bugs". Some that plug into between the phone and the jack, and start as soon as the phone rings, some that are ear-buds that work for wireless/cellphones (I use these) and if you want to put out the money that have desk phones with the tape deck built in.

What's fun is being in a single party notify state, or getting them a head of steam about being recorded. I usually tell them their being recorded and a lot of times they'll go along or you'll get he occasional one that's scream about a violation of their rights and hang up.

Comment

I did not have to record BoA. THe other night I took a "Private Caller" (which was BoA) and I informed the caller that BoA was in violation of the TDCA and possibly the state's Deceptive Trades act by blocking their number...to the tune of around 1K each violation (it is 3.5K per violation of the trades act)...and in two days I had 17 anonymous calls. I had logged over 30 calls in the past five days. Caller seemed unaware that her number was blocked (actually I do believe this; since robos do the dialing and they can program them.) She wanted to send me a plan. Did not promise a thing, but told her to send any request in writing. Not a peep from BoA since.

(Methinks they are not happy when you know state laws when they apply to the OC.)
                      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X