top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FirstSource Advantage, using some type of redialing system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FirstSource Advantage, using some type of redialing system.

Check the caller ID, its a local number, I pick it up, and surprise!!! It's FirstSource Advantage!

"How are you going to take care of this matter"

"I am going to mail you a cease and desist letter, thats how"

"So you are refusing to pay"

"No, you are putting words in my mouth"

CLICK

LOL

They are getting so sneaky these days, acts of desperation more like it.

Good. Also, good advise. NEVER say yes, I agree, OK, or anything affirmative. Hang up is good, NO is better. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I have noticed this same trick with the phones lately as well...
      after not answering their 1-800 calls since I know who it is, I
      will get a call from a local number within minutes. I've answered it and it turns out to be the creditor that just tried to reach me from the 1-800 number.

I guess they have bought and paid for lots of local numbers for exactly this purpose.

Comment

I got a couple of them myself, and one Googles to a local high school. I should answer them; masking calls is not legal in TX and I am gearing up to talk to a couple of attorneys this week (one will work with creditors with a 400 dollar retainer and take payments for a C7 but of course can't file till paid for...but I am sure he would love to fight and score some cash to make my C7 filing sooner lol.) Hope it is creditors.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I've noticed this for the first time starting in December. A Florida based JDB called Keller King & Assoc. has been using three local numbers for their caller ID. These are numbers from cellular or VOIP* phone numbers. Not sure how they get them to be local area code numbers since they have no business registered in my state. Probably they lie about their location when signing up for the VOIP service, to obtain local numbers in the area they are calling. If you call them back on their toll free number they leave on the answering machine, you are connected to a rude collection agent in Florida.

I just found on the bud hibbs website that these guys use VOIP numbers to call people, so that 904 number isn't spoofed after all. They are a SCAM. Go to bud hibbs dot com and read up on LEGAL ACTION RECOVERY AKA/PAUL KELLER & ASSOCIATES for more info.
          * Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
          “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

They are probably using spoof cards.

Comment

When you call it back it takes to a main switchboard operator then she transfers you based on your phone that shows up on their ends caller ID. We are programming it as a do not answer contact to prevent picking it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                I have noticed this same trick with the phones lately as well...
                after not answering their 1-800 calls since I know who it is, I
                will get a call from a local number within minutes. I've answered it and it turns out to be the creditor that just tried to reach me from the 1-800 number.

I guess they have bought and paid for lots of local numbers for exactly this purpose.
                Yes, they used this trick on me many times. Suddenly after not answering I see (602) area code and think it is safe to answer the phone, but nope, it's a collection agency spoofing a (602) area code. They were actually based in Ohio, so they shouldn't have had a (602) area code.

I think what they are doing is getting cheapy cell phones with area codes in the areas they are trying to reach. I noticed that the caller I.D. also said "wireless caller" so I assume they were using a cell phone to call. The woman on the phone immediately started speaking to me which is not the way a computer dialing system works. So I think she manually entered my number into her cell phone and then called me.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I got a few of these, and both are listed in the Google and phone books: one is a used car dealership and the other is a local high school.

Since "debt collector" in TX means both CAs and OCs the laws apply to both. Spoofing as a high school to get you to pick up the phone is illegal on a couple of different state levels, to the tune of about 4K each time.

Maybe it is time to answer the phone....muahahahahaha...
                  First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

mwhahahhahaha!

Comment

Picked up the "private number" and it was BoA. They want to work with me and need my living expenses. I told them to "send it in writing, and while I have you on the line...you are coming up as a blocked number which is a violation of the Texas Debt Collection Act and punishable by 1K PER CALL...and I have 19 of them in just the past four days..."

They said they would fix that...the person claims to be unaware of the number coming up blocked.

(GO ahead and send paperwork, going for the 0 percent plan.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X