New CA/JDB calls mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CA/JDB calls mom

Mom called. She said someone (legal firm) called needing to "find me." She is an 80 year old tough old bird. She basically told them to F off and die.

The firm was "hecker." They stated the usual BS that they had sent me a letter. They told me they were representing CitiFin. I told them I would be recording the call and I would need written information, as I only respond to written information. The woman was incredibly nasty.

I finally got the letter this week. It appears the "hecker" law firm is dunning for Calvary Portfolio who must be a JDB who bought some CitiFin account. The law firm obviously did not bother to perform their due diligence, nor did the JDB. They could easily see all my judgments and wage garnishment responses from garnishees and readily determine that they, as out-of-state attorneys not registered with my state BAR, would have an incredibly difficult time ever collecting jack on some alleged debt. It's prety clear that I am bankrupt. It doesn't take a genius to ascertain what my financial picture looks like via my state court system or credit reports.

I guess they have to try.

Looks like both "hecker" and calvary have had plenty of complaints against them in the past. It also looks like they do initiate lawsuits. Perhaps I'll find out.

Cavalary, yeah they had a couple of my accounts, and implied they owned them. Did not go to attorney though. guess it was a matter of time. water under the bridge now that i'm filed and past my 341.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
      Cavalary, yeah they had a couple of my accounts, and implied they owned them. Did not go to attorney though. guess it was a matter of time. water under the bridge now that i'm filed and past my 341.
      Don't mean to jump off the thread, but your avatar looks related to your first avatar (the one with the female sporting glasses)
      Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
      Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Oh I've had one account with these creeps. I sent them a cease and desist communications letter by certified mail which they ignored. I then recorded the calls from them saying in a loud voice: the date and time, and asking them who they were and what their callback phone number was. I then copied the recordings onto a CD. I sent the CD to them in the mail along with a demand for $1000 for their violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Suddenly the phone calls ceased.

I haven't heard from them in years.

They never sued me.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

OHHH...look out for these slime balls!!! I mean it. (I think I posted a thread about these monkeys some time ago)....these idiots (no, I haven't even run out of adjectives for these goobers) called me and demanded payment....I think they had taken 180 bucks and turned it into 1100. I protested that I would need to make payments. They said they didn't take payments. I said you're going to have to make some sort of arrangement. They not only refused but told me to go borrow the money from my friends and relatives. I sent them a letter asking them to please stop calling (I had to do that verbally twice) and a money order for 210 bucks. They returned my money saying it was 'not enough to close the case'. I chose to ignore them...until they had me served with papers at 10:16 one night. I went to court. Mr. Hecker (I perfer to call him HACKER) shows up....the conversation was not good and I nearly backhanded him...oh, and he likes to lie to you too.

Long and short of it is he gets a judgement ('cause I didn't know that I could have talked to the judge and probably shown the attempt at payment....no, Hecker tells me it will 'go to trial'...nice scare tactic moron...). He tells me his office manager can now arrange for payments....too bad nobody answers the phones at their place. Precisely 14 days after court, the garnishment papers show up.

I have never been so satisfied as when I faxed the BK papers to his office and then a copy to ADP and they promptly returned the portion of my paycheck that had been deducted.

This guy is a huge slime ball....check out Ripp Off Report...nobody has anything good to say about him.

Comment

Treehugger, remind me what state you are in?
            I can't believe the guy himself showed up at this hearing.

I can well imagine how good it felt to send him the BK info!!

Comment

I'm in Oregon. And again, I could care less if they sue me. I can live within my state's judgment exemptions and 75% of my disposable income. In the meantime, everyone needs to play by the rules; including out-of-state hack attorneys who should first do their homework before deciding to call family members.

Comment

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
                Treehugger, remind me what state you are in?
                I can't believe the guy himself showed up at this hearing.

I can well imagine how good it felt to send him the BK info!!
                This guy is here in Denver....I doubt he travels much....wait till ya get the pleasure of talking to his office staff....they're a real piece of work....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X