top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received notice today..smell something fishy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received notice today..smell something fishy!!

Got a letter in the mail "Notice Of Dishonor Check" from A.A.A.A Inc. Saids that I wrote a check on 9/4/2009 from Wells Fargo bank in the amount of $40. I have 15 days to pay the amount of the check plus $35 or else the amount goes up to $203.00

First: Contact Bank, they have no record of this.

Second: The bank has that I didn't even open my checking account with them till 9/23/09.

Third: Doubled checked my statements, nothing. No return check fees, overdraft fees, absolutely nothing.

Tanya
    Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
    Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
    On The Road To Rebuilding
    5 active accounts in good standing

Time to call your State's Attorney General!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Do you know A.A.A.A.? If not, it is probably another phishing scam. As above call your state Attorney General as you won't be the only potential victim. These scams pray on older folks who would just pay in fear. Was the letter postage .42 cents or mass mailed. This is a sign of phishing attempts as well. If a hundred goes out and one bites they win. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X