Banging on my door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banging on my door

Well, it is SUnday morning at 9am and some guy is banging on my door...I didn't answer, but I did a quick check and there is a new suit filed for Capital One, must be them.
    Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

same boat except chase, should be banging on my door in couple hours. Good luck!
    Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
    Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
    341 Meeting: 5/19/10
    Discharged: 7/26/10

Comment

Hey---OutofTime---how long since you stopped paying Chase?

Comment

Hey feeling, my last payment was june 09 and balance is almost 11k after all the interest and fees. Filing in april and now hopefully I'll get preference by my attorney since I'm being sued.

Comment

Thanks for the info---OutofTime---and that's a long time with Chase.

Comment

Yeah the process servers knuckles must be raw after the week ends, the douchebag that served me was relentless.

Comment

This is when you wish you'd bought a doberman instead of a shih tzu. (and yes i had to look up that spelling )
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

FeelingNutsy,

What's been your experience with Chase in terms of how many months of missed payments it takes them to file a suit? Did you try to settle with them before they filed suit?

Thanks

Comment

Hey---onthebrink---I honestly can't say---stopped paying in Nov09---
                  have had periodic phone calls---and a few letters---didn't try to settle.

Comment

the process server hasn't come back yet but I retained my attorney today and will send them something about this summons notice. Good luck to others who are being sued by chase.

Comment

We have 6 CC's we haven't paid for 6 months.First consultation tomorrow so hopefully soon I'll be able to tell them to call my attorney and leave me alone.

Comment

A gal at work here just got served by them....actually she said the guy was really rude....he just walked up and shoved it into her face while she was putzing around in her front yard last night. He didn't even ask her name...just walked up and shoved it at her. She said there is no court case number on it though....(she was supposed to bring it in for me to look at but forgot it....)

Comment

Wow. This is a bit scary. I didn't realize they hand delivered it. We haven't paid since Sept 2009. Where do you check to see if they've filed a suit against you ? Also, would the suit be coming from the credit card company or a collection agency ? We've been telling them that we're filing Chapter 7 whenever they called. They haven't called after that. Except for one.

TIA~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Contacted Lawyer October 2009~Filled out Chapter 7 Petition January 2010 ~Credit Counseling Jan 2010
                          Have yet to file Chapter 7

Comment

Hmmm........Crap1 .......You sure it wasen't Hot Linda in person ?
                            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

My bad....the gal at work was served by CitiBank...(she finally remembered to bring the paperwork in...)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X