No announcement yet.

Banging on my door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. someone was pounding on my door - for over 15 minutes the other day - it was actually scary! thought I would be safe to go outside over the weekend.

Comment

Someone was pounding on my door for over 15 minutes the other day - it was actually scary. So these guys will come on weekends?????

Comment

In my state the person pounding on the door to hand you the summons also has a brown uniform, a badge and a gun! It's real hard not to answer the door for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nohope View Post
          yes. someone was pounding on my door - for over 15 minutes the other day - it was actually scary! thought I would be safe to go outside over the weekend.

Nope, weekends are primetime for them to interrupt your breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
            In my state the person pounding on the door to hand you the summons also has a brown uniform, a badge and a gun! It's real hard not to answer the door for them.

LoL, just be vewy vewy quiet...

Comment

Why are you all afraid of a summons? Avoiding service will not prevent your getting sued - although it may delay it for a month. Mail service and service by publication can also be used in most states.

Answer the door, it may be Ed McMahon.

yeah, he's dead I know...
              “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I wasn't home a couple of times when the deputy came to serve me. Then one afternoon I got pulled over. The deputy had me wait for a few minutes. His buddy pulled up and served me.

Comment

They will serve you one way or another. I plan to settle this account on Monday.
                  Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                    This is still the United States of America. This is not Russia...yet. You don't have to answer the door to anyone over a civil matter. I don't.

I have a locked tall fence that keeps them far away from my doors and windows. And guess what? No one has bothered to ever climb over that fence or cut off the lock over a civil matter. It if it had been a criminal matter like a felony, the cops would have come and cut through the lock to get to me. But it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter.

A lot of people have this confused, and think that they can go to jail for not paying their debts. Or that they can go to jail if they don't make it easy on the debt collector and collection attorney by voluntarily giving them all the information they ask for and by agreeing to a payment schedule, etc.

I would rather force them to have a knock down, drag out fight through the courts (which gets expensive and time consuming for them) to collect anything from me. All along the way, I will not do anything voluntarily. They will have to get the court to compell me to do anything.

And so far, they haven't collected even one red cent from me.

I don't even get calls or collection letters from them anymore.

If they were relying on money from me to keep their lights on in their collection agency office, they would be working in the dark right now.

The whole system is set up to run on voluntary compliance. If that breaks down, most of these collection agencies will go out of business. But unfortunately, most debtors are ignorant and scared. Fear and ignorance feed the debt collectors. It is what keeps them in business.
                    Last edited by GoingDown; 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM.
                    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I live in a small town... Deputy Bubba tells his cousin Deputy JB to keep a lookout for me driving around and poof... I get pulled over so Deputy Bubba can serve me. It ain't easy to hide when the process servers have known you most of your life.

Comment

I make it hard on them...they can beat their hands bloody on my door
                        Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X