Question about referring the creditors to your attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about referring the creditors to your attorney

When you give those pesky debt collectors the name and number to your attorney do they actually call the lawyer up and find out if you really are a client??? My attorney told me on Friday to have them call him. I cannot imagine having to answer the calls of these collectors. Imagine how many clients each firm has and having every one of them call seems crazy.
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Yes

Our attorney told us to have creditors call them, and I know that at least Chase did, Because the paralegal & I were talking recently, and she happened to mention that someone from Chase had just called them to confirm the info. I gave Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
      When you give those pesky debt collectors the name and number to your attorney do they actually call the lawyer up and find out if you really are a client??? My attorney told me on Friday to have them call him. I cannot imagine having to answer the calls of these collectors. Imagine how many clients each firm has and having every one of them call seems crazy.
      Yes they do...gives you an idea of a small part/section of the work involved on the legal side and what you pay for.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Also, if you have already filed, if you give them the case number it tends to shut them down pretty quickly. I am unsure if creditors called my firm or not. I do know that I only answered literally 2 calls from over a DOZEN cards I had and once I gave them my attorney's name and my case number I never heard from ANY of the other creditors ever again. The phone never rang again even once, and boy what a joy that silence was...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X