Encore receivable management inc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encore receivable management inc?

Encore Receivable management inc. Anyone have any experience with these people? They are sending us a validation notice on behalf of BofA who holds our loan on our home which is in foreclosure.

I was just expecting an auction notice..

send a debt validation letter if its a collection agent / junk debt buyer....

verify they own it.

Comment

Is there a particular form for this letter asking for validation?

Comment

Originally posted by Tartbird View Post
        Is there a particular form for this letter asking for validation?

"In accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am informing you in writing that I dispute the validity of the alleged debt, and I demand written verification of the alleged debt."

That's all there is to it.

In some cases, you will never hear from that collection agency again. Once they get that letter, they realize they are not dealing with an ignorant debtor, so they send the account back to the creditor and move on to easier debtors.

In other cases, you will eventually get a letter in the mail from them stating that they are now verifying the debt. Sometimes they will include a copy of the last statement from your credit card. Sometimes it is simply a form letter with very little information at all.

Sometimes they are very fast about it, and it will all be done within 30 days. Sometimes it will take them 6 months or more to get back to you.

After they send that, they will then start calling again.

Then follow up with a cease and desist communications letter. That will stop them from calling forever from that particular collection agency for that particular debt.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Had several accounts go to them. Send them the DV letter, they will go back to sleep.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Yes they are bottom feeding scum suckers that run away at the first sight of a certified envelope with a simple DV letter.

Comment

I just got my first contact from a CA---IC System.

I'll use this sentence---and I should I send the letter
              certified with return receipt?

I also assume that my file/account can be found based on just my signature?

Comment

certified is good enough, its traceable and you can get a signature from the post office for a fee, you would need that if you plan on filing suit against them for fdcpa violations, but that is time consuming and not worth the effort especially if your gonna go bk,
                but you could make a career out of it like this guy ----->>>>http://www.dallasobserver.com/2010-0...-he-sues-them/

Comment

Tartbird

Why would B of A be using this company. I am a member of loansafe just like yourself and have followed your story there. Sorry things did not work out for you. Perhaps they are just doing something on their own and hoping to get some money from B of A. I would think B of A would have Recontrust on this not a CA.

Comment

I just did a quick search and found this thread. I thought we might be alone on this one... quite strange.

Our mortgage was with BofA & we just heard from this Encore company as well. Pretty weird... we filed 5/2009 - discharged 8/2009. We surrendered the house and haven't lived there since last summer so we actually can't wait for them to foreclose. We have called in several times (to BofA) and one person said it's in foreclosure, the next says it's not, one says they can't foreclose until the trustee stops trying to sell it. (negative equity BTW, but that's a whole separate story)

Last week we get a letter with an offer of DIL and up to 2% of mortgage as Cash for Keys and now today we get this collection letter from Encore. Does anyone at this behemoth of a bank know what they are doing?

Comment

Wow, Free. That is exactly what happened with us. We are in foreclosure. A couple of weeks ago we got a DIL offer. But we can't do that because we have a second and it says there can be no other leins on the property. Then we got the letter from Encore. I would have thought it would be Recontrust like Montana said, not some collection agency.

We are still hoping for Cash for keys AFTER the auction date. Don't know when that date is yet.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X