• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Call From A Collection Agency

Has anyone ever heard of IC System?

If so---what CC's use them?

Should I call them back?

IC Systems will stop calling as soon as you send them a cease and desist communications letter in the mail.
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

verify the debt first.... at the end of your debt validation letter you can include a partial cease and desist statement stating they can only contact you via mail.

if you do a C&D prior to validating the debt, they will get a full judgment against you for the full amount and can sue you later and garnish wages based on that judgement. Always validate the debt whenever a debt is sold to a junk debt buyer to ensure they own it outright. You only have 30 days to do it from the date of your first letter from them. Never validate or verify anything over the phone - and learn the laws of your state for recording phone calls. ;) Comes in handy when CA break the law You can also include in there that any further contact and/or phone calls will be recorded. (that covers you for a 2 party state)

Our lawyer is great in this aspect - we were already recording our calls, but he told us to do that as well - so that if they violated FDCPA, we had them on recordings

Comment

Is it possible to validate this debt over the phone?

I'd just like to know which of my accounts they now have.

Comment

Originally posted by justdeb View Post
          if you do a C&D prior to validating the debt, they will get a full judgment against you for the full amount and can sue you later and garnish wages based on that judgement. Always validate the debt whenever a debt is sold to a junk debt buyer to ensure they own it outright. You only have 30 days to do it from the date of your first letter from them. Never validate or verify anything over the phone - and learn the laws of your state for recording phone calls. ;) Comes in handy when CA break the law You can also include in there that any further contact and/or phone calls will be recorded. (that covers you for a 2 party state)
          So what you're saying is that if you don't have them validate the debt, they are going to get a full judgment?

It doesn't work that way. Doesn't matter if you validate or not. They must sue you, they must come to your county, and in court, they must validate the debt in front of the judge.

If you are going to file bk and don't want to deal with it, just send a c/d and be on with your life.

Don't try to monkey around with collectors. They have been there, done that, have better technology, and are many times much smarter than the debtors when it comes to collections.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

JustDeb, Where are you getting your information? I hope some legal counsel isn't telling you the stuff you are posting. I have sent many C&D's and ignored DV's. I have yet to be sued by anyone I sent only a C&D to. In fact, my experience has been the opposite. Some CA's/JDB's I have requested DV from, replied with validation and then sued me. C&D has nothing to do with it in my very real personal experience!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X