HSBC lowering credit limit due partially to public records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC lowering credit limit due partially to public records

I'll be filing soon, so I haven't used this card in a while, but I have a GM Card through HSBC. They just lowered my credit limit significantly for 3 reasons:

1) low payment in relation to balance
    2) Other delinquent accounts
    3) Public records

Now, the first 2 reasons I was aware of, and was expecting this action based on that. However, I am a little confused on the public records bit. I pulled my Equifax report this morning (which supposedly the decision was based on), and it doesn't list ANY public records on me. I've looked into other databases, and can't find anything other than the routine stuff like name, address, phone, and stuff like that. I know I had pulled all 3 credit reports in May, and didn't have anything in public records then. Any ideas where these guys could be getting the 'public records' bit? I'm primarily concerned about a judgment that I'm not aware of. I had just checked with the local courts last week - and there was nothing there as far as any suits as of yet. I'm a little puzzled by this. If I've got any judgments, I need to get the information to my lawyer.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Your credit report is a public record...and way more public than you think.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I wasn't thinking in terms of the credit report itself, but that does make sense. I just panicked when I read that wondering if there might be a judgment out there that I wasn't aware of. I've been checking at the local courthouse and everything to make sure nothing had been filed yet in terms of suits.

Comment

Sounds like they are wording to make it sound more insidious than it is...if you have DQ accounts, you have a "bad" credit report. And "low payment"? So much for minimums or slightly more than minimums.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

This reminds me of when Amex was cutting everyone's limits 2 years ago and the adverse action letters made no sense at all. It was because they had an issue with themselves, not the debtor. There is no check box for that one.
          Public records? Yeah, check their 10-Q.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yes, public records can mean your credit reports but do you also have delinquent taxes, or late sewer, water, or any other bills paid to your state/government that are late? All that shows up on public records also.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
              This reminds me of when Amex was cutting everyone's limits 2 years ago and the adverse action letters made no sense at all. It was because they had an issue with themselves, not the debtor. There is no check box for that one.
              Yes, I still remember the fine folks at Amex....a year and a half ago, they suddenly and without warning cut my limit from $24,000 to $1,000. Used an automated call robot to tell me. This after 16 years of 'membership'...ha!
              Just swell people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                Yes, public records can mean your credit reports but do you also have delinquent taxes, or late sewer, water, or any other bills paid to your state/government that are late? All that shows up on public records also.
                In my case, the only things I am delinquent on are medical bills (roughly 38k) and credit cards (around 35k on those). On my taxes, I actually got a refund this year (which went towards paying the lawyer). The only thing I can see where the government is involved is for an ambulance bill. The ambulance is billed through the county government - that one is around $750. It looks like they use a billing service for this one though, and it doesn't appear on any of my credit reports as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                  BoA did the same thing, and in one letter actually blamed risk and current economic climate, both of which had nothing to do with me. But whose score gets damaged? Not theirs.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X