• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know Anything About....

.........United Recovery Systems?---just got a phone call to a neighbor---
    who stuck a note in my front door about 10 minutes before I got a letter
    from this outfit saying they were collecting on a debt from Chase---which
    had previously placed the same debt with IC Systems---did URS buy from IC?

Does it really matter...They are a junk debt buyer like any other. They will try to collect and at some point, if unsuccessful, either sue you in hopes of getting a default judgment or sell it to someone else to collect.

Comment

United Recovery is another telephone harassment operation. You can send them a Cease and Desist letter and move on to the next one.

Chase generally doesn't sell its debts until you file for BK.

Eventually a decision may be made to sue you, especially if you live in one of the states where Chase has in-house lawyers.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

United Recovery was the first place CITI sent my debt. They reminded me of a shady tow truck outfit that snatches up your car and intimidates you when you go to recover it.
        I listened to just one of their bullying calls and no more. Sent a DV, and never heard from them again.

Comment

Yes, URS, in Houston I believe, got my Citi card accounts as well. They seemed to have a report prepared showing my other accounts and which I was paying and which I wasn't. Asked me "why are you paying on your Exxon card and not on this account"? I said, you know, you're right, and stopped paying on the Exxon card too.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
            United Recovery is another telephone harassment operation. You can send them a Cease and Desist letter and move on to the next one.

Chase generally doesn't sell its debts until you file for BK.

Eventually a decision may be made to sue you, especially if you live in one of the states where Chase has in-house lawyers.
            I agree.

Comment

They told your neighbor about your debt? Or was that just the letter.
              First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Hey---flyinbroke---the note just said to call a Mr.So-and-so at
                such-and-such a number---I don't think that my business was discussed---
                since I know that this is a complete violation of FDCPA---and the oddity was
                that about 10 minutes later---I got a letter in the mail from the same outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  United Recovery was the first place CITI sent my debt. They reminded me of a shady tow truck outfit that snatches up your car and intimidates you when you go to recover it.
                  I listened to just one of their bullying calls and no more. Sent a DV, and never heard from them again.
                  This was my experience with them as well. They were very mean and nasty on the phone, but once I sent them a cease and desist communications letter in the mail, I never heard from them again, and it has been years since then, and they never sued me.

The debt is now beyond the Arizona statute of limitations for a lawsuit.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X