I will never use USPS again. just a vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will never use USPS again. just a vent

I sent off a payment to discover- checked the tracking number on the due date to print out that it had been signed for, only to see that it hadn't been delivered. I called yesterday they said they couldn't do anything until today. m

Today is day number 5. It was supposed to be there in two days.

As of today, their system shows that it hasn't even been picked up from the post office I mailed it from. I call today, they tell me they can't do anything until tomorrow.

Yet- the funny thing is, the check has already cleared my account, on Tuesday, so they got it Monday.

BUT- I want a print out with it confirmed that Discover received it for my files. But the post office sucks. No wonder they are going under. Incompetent fools.

I will get my money back. Today.

Exactly what kind of "delivery confirmation" service did you use and pay for? You realize there is no in-transit tracking system for first class mail, only the delivery date is provided, and this only applies to packages, not letters. You would need to use USPS Express Mail for real-time tracking.

The letter was delivered on time and you have a canceled check for confirmation. Not sure what your complaint is about.
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It wasn't first class. I put it in a bubble wrapper so that it would be a "package"

I've read that there were a few times that a collector will deny receiving the check even when someone has a copy of the check.

I was advised to send it signature required so that I would have proof that it was signed for by XYZ at XYZ time.

My vent is that each and every time I call they act like idiots, like I'm the one with the problem.

Comment

As was previously mentioned, I believe the fact that they deposited the check into their account is fairly definitive proof that they have received the check (and therefore, confirmation that the check was delivered).
        Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

At times, usps is an incredible organization. At other times, they are incredibly incompetent.

I just got back a letter last week that was sent certified in October.

October 2008 that is......

Not their best month.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

From 08!? That's crazy!

Yes, they have done well in the past, but with something that will bring a lawsuit if not on time, I will use someone a little more reliable.

Comment

I have never had any problems with USPS. I don't mail a lot of things but what I do mail gets there relatively quick.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemybugs10 View Post
                It wasn't first class. I put it in a bubble wrapper so that it would be a "package"

I've read that there were a few times that a collector will deny receiving the check even when someone has a copy of the check.

I was advised to send it signature required so that I would have proof that it was signed for by XYZ at XYZ time.

My vent is that each and every time I call they act like idiots, like I'm the one with the problem.
                So if it wasn't first class, what was it? You have parcel post, priority mail and express mail as the other choices. However, I suspect your bubble wrapper envelope was considered a first class envelope and not a package, and the only delivery confirmation you can get with first class envelope mail is Certified or Registered mail with a return receipt. Return receipt cards arrive in the mail many days after you mail the package.

From the USPS site:
                First-Class Mail Package prices apply to Large Envelopes that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick.
                So if your envelope was not one of the above, it went as a first class large envelope, and there is no delivery confirmation for first class envelopes.

And if you used Delivery Confirmation you will get nowhere with your local post office because there is no record of DC at your local PO:

Delivery Confirmation service provides the mailer with information about the date and time an article was delivered and, if delivery was attempted but not successful, the date and time of the delivery attempt. Delivery Confirmation service is available only at the time of mailing. No record is kept at the office of mailing.
                It's best to always use the postal calculator when sending mail, and not rely on postal employees to always follow the confusing mailing rules for envelopes and packages:

http://postcalc.usps.gov/
                Last edited by WhatMoney; 07-29-2010, 03:52 PM.
                “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It was priority. I relied on when the post office says it will be delivered. I have a tracking number as it is signature required. It was not mailed first class, and it should have been there Monday, as it was.

They still have it in their system as not delivered.

When it comes down to it, I'm not looking for your opinion as to what I need or don't need for my files. I want a signature upon delivery for my files- and I paid for it. Therefore, I should get it. I didn't walk into the post office and say, hey, you know can I pay 10 bucks to get this there by whatever date you think is best? Oh, and can it not be updated in your system so that I don't know that they got it and have to freak out about being sued because my settlement went to hell.

No- I said I needed it there by a specific day (before the due date) with signature required. If they couldn't give me that, then they shouldn't have said they would. I shouldn't of PAID for it NOT to happen. I would have gone to fed ex.

Thank you for taking the time to post the quotes. Not necessary, but worthy of a thank you for your time.

Comment

Well, it helps to give the details in your first post - which would have saved me the time of trying to figure out what you actually did. So Priority Mail with a DC and/or a Signature Confirmation I guess. I know DC can be accessed online, but isn't SC emailed to you upon request? I've never used SC, but have sent out hundreds of packages with DC and never had a problem.
                    Signature Confirmation
                    Signature Confirmation service provides the mailer with information about the date and time an article was delivered and, if delivery was attempted but not successful, the date and time of the delivery attempt. A delivery record, including the recipient's signature, is maintained by the USPS and is available, via fax or mail, upon request. No acceptance record is kept at the office of mailing.
                    If you paid for a signature confirmation you should get one. Even the USPS can screw up once in every 100,000 parcels or so. They should probably only hire college graduates in the top 10% of their class.

Comment

Sorry for being snippy.

They also shouldn't hire gas station attendants and give them mediocre training. grrrrr

Comment

All I'll say, since you seem to know everything, is that proof of signature just proves that they received an envelope. If they lose the contents in their processing center you're still up sh*t's creek. But you're a debt settler, so you're used to tilting against windmills. Enjoy the 1099's.
                        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Why can't you just leave that alone? What's it to you that I settled rather than filed.

I mean, really. Every time I posting something in response to you, should I end it with

Have fun being strung out by a trustee for the next 5 years. I'll be done in 2 years.

THIS IS WHAT IS WORKING FOR US. Leave it the heck alone.

and what are you talking about that I know everything? Do you know what a vent is?

Forget it. I come here for support and info and all I get is bashed because I settle rather than file.

thanks for nothing.

Comment

Priority mail is not guaranteed. You need to use an express mail service like USPS Express Mail or a more reliable service like FedEx when it... pardon me... absolutely positively has to be there overnight.
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just find that USPS works pretty good for me.
                              I have had good letter carriers and bad ones, more good than bad.
                              I hate seeing them disparaged without a good reason.
                              So maybe you got a bum deal with the sig guarantee.
                              You'd be better off doing electronic transfers, or don't you trust Discover for those?
                              You have pretty strong rights to reverse transactions with Reg E.
                              Sorry to bust your stones but any thread labelled VENT is likely to get some pushback.
                              I chuckle every year when I see the bozos lined up at the post office sending in their tax returns certified mail.
                              Well duh what does that prove? You could have mailed them an empty envelope to get a free extension.
                              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X