top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get multiple contact people when your creditor calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get multiple contact people when your creditor calls?

I have an approximately 50 day past due Wells Fargo Visa business credit card account. An actual person calls me every weekdayday one, however never has the same person called me twice in all of those times they have called me.

Does Wells Fargo have that big of a business (non consumer/personal) collection department or are they getting rid of and hiring a new collection person each day? One thing I noticed early on, when they also started calling my brother who has a different telephone number (which I do not know how they got his number), I purposely called them after hours twice just to leave my name and telephone number so that they would stop calling my brother . . . figuring that was enough information for them to know that they at least had my correct telephone number, letting them know that they actually reached me at the correct number, and that was my way of letting them know I know that there is a problem with my credit card account (i.e. I am past due). However a week or so later, they called my brother again. Yet the two times that I called Well Fargo (after hours) and getting the option to enter the extension of the person who called me, it actually goes into a community voicemail system, and the message does not actually go to the collectors who called me directly . . . which makes me wonder, why do they bother giving an extension if each collector does not have his or her own company voicemail instead of a community voicemail.

UGH!!!

Quagmire

Chances are that WF's computer system is set up for you to be called every day. What ever individual in collections gets to your name first on a list of many is the one that calls.
    Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
    Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

The whole thing is extremely automated...many times the message you think is being left 'live' is actually a recording. The voices are varied by some creditors/collectors. I've noticed one company loves English Accents and uses those in messages received all the the time. I guess it makes them feel 'classy'. lol

Comment

Hey---ryan---would that be Discover?

Comment

Thanks DebtHater, and Ryan. I appreciate your input.

Ryan, as it turns out, one message I got from a creditor that I thought was a live person, I think is a recording. Because that same creditor called again and left the exact same message and it seemed that the emotion was the same as the first message (friendly and bubbly and happy with an offer to help me) . . . so I do not think a real person could totally duplicate their first message (friendly and bubbly and happy) if they are making numerous telephone calls each day. Yet every Well Fargo message I get is real, because I can tell by the emotion and tone of their voices that these are real people . . . some of their people sound tired . . . kinda like a person would sound if they had a lot of work on their desk to do before they go home, yet they are forced to make collection calls on top of their other work. Most of the time these people sounds so begrudgingly. So I am not sure if Wells Fargo would want to have a recorded message like I get to represent their collection call recording. SMILE!!!

Ryan, it was funny, because a few hours after you made your posting, I got a collection call from American Express, and it was a nice sounding lady with an English accent, however I could not tell if it were a live person or a recording.

I am about 70 days past due with my Discover card, but they have been calling me about 3 times per day when I was about 30 days past due. Yet they have yet to leave me a voicemail. Pretty much the same thing happened with American Express. I am about 82 days past due with them, they started calling me about 3 times per day after I was about 30 days past due, but they had never left a message until a few days ago . . . where I got the message with the lady with the English accent (that was the one and only time that they left me a message), yet they continue to keep calling me about 3 times per day and leave no message.

Thanks you two!!!

Quagmire

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
            ...one message I got from a creditor that I thought was a live person, I think is a recording.
            Her name wasn't Linda, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by DebtHater View Post
              I don't think Linda has english accent. At least MY Linda didn't.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Towards the time I was close to filing my Bk i started picking up the phone each time. I had fun with them. One day I spoke Spanish and just could not "understand them", next day I was british and "just used british" lingo to be able to say I could not understand them, next day I spoke in a very southern slang, but just somehow could not understand them. I thought heck I was going to have fun, especially if I was getting calls from them and it was a different person daily.

My advice is have a little fun with them, especially if you are going to file BK very soon.
                Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
                341 meeting on 5/28/2010
                Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

No it was not Linda, her name is Crista.

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
                    No it was not Linda, her name is Crista.
                    Ah, okay. Linda is the popular recording from Capital One that is all so willing to "help" you.

Comment

Hint: If the message pauses for three seconds to make sure you are you, it is a recording. It just sounds like a real person.
                      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Ah, okay. Linda is the popular recording from Capital One that is all so willing to "help" you.
                        She had a "very special offer" for me. After hearing her called "sexy Linda," that really cracked me up.
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X