top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth sending DV letter 2 weeks before filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth sending DV letter 2 weeks before filing?

Just curious on inputs. Is it worth sending out DV letters when i'm 2 weeks away from filing? I'm thinking it's worth the certified mail/return receipt cost to have them stop calling me during their validation period.
    Stopped Paying CC 5/1/10 Retained Lawyer 5/1/10 Filed CH7 9/01/10 341 Meeting 10/1/10 Discharged 12/7/10

I sent one within a couple of weeks of filing and they never even answered it. I suppose that comes under a violation of the stay, you know... since they typically put that "mini miranda" debt collection warning on correspondence.

Comment

Sending DV letters seems like a waste of time to me. But, some people have more tolerance for the calls than others.

Just don't answer the calls. Or try answering and telling them you can't pay now, but might be able to send payment on a certain date that's a couple of days after you plan to file. That may or may not stop some of the calls for a while.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Total waste of money.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Ditto. Waste of time and money.

Comment

thanks for the inputs. I'll not waste my time/money. Its kind of odd the last week and this week all calls have stopped. I,m assuming the cc companys are all turning over my accounts to collectors now. Anyone experienced a complete stop of phone calls before filing? All my creditors I have told I'm filing and to contact my lawyer
            Stopped Paying CC 5/1/10 Retained Lawyer 5/1/10 Filed CH7 9/01/10 341 Meeting 10/1/10 Discharged 12/7/10

Comment

Save a stamp and a tree. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by copaaz2005 View Post
                Just curious on inputs. Is it worth sending out DV letters when i'm 2 weeks away from filing? I'm thinking it's worth the certified mail/return receipt cost to have them stop calling me during their validation period.
                I am on the other side of the fence here OP.. My motto is CYA!!!

What if your filing is delayed or something happens. Plan for the unexpected ALWAYS!!! May be a little more work on your end, but do not leave one stone unturned...

CYA
                Thanks,
                GaCreditGuy

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
                BK7 Filed : 01/29/2006
                341 Completed : 03/06/2006
                Deadline For Objections: 05/05/2006
                Discharged : 06/30/2006
                Case Closed : 06/30/2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X