Curious-Who has most CC debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious-Who has most CC debt?

I was wondering if anyone could top my $100,000 and mothers $89,000 in CC debt. Just curious to see how many of us are out there. Thaks.

Got you beat. BK'ed 109K in unsecured debt in 2005.

Comment

280K but some was business

Comment

beat you again...the exact amount......drum roll PLEASE....272,000

now....i usually just round off with 200k....but off the petition that's the amount...it's ALL MEDICAL expenses charged on our cards.......NOT a ONE luxury item....except ice cream...and that was ONLY once swear!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I have not declared BK (note I have been a member of this board for 4 years), but my unsecured debt is now sitting at $102K (original was ~75K.) Student loans are now sitting at $118K (original ~$75K) with default and final collection costs added on prior to current 15% garnishment.

Still thankful I didn't have any real assets with secured debt to worry about. Even with $102K (and growing) in unsecured debt, life is quite stable now. I have judgments for about $18K of this, but only one law firm bothering to garnish. Big deal. Yawn.

Comment

Not gonna beat anybody with my numbers, but close to 100K combined unsecured/unsecured priority
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Man am I a piker!....just about $55,000 CC... plus 1st and 2nd mortgage.

Comment

Combined debt: ~16K, Unsecured Credit Cards, ~9k

Comment

dup post
                  "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                    I have not declared BK (note I have been a member of this board for 4 years), but my unsecured debt is now sitting at $102K (original was ~75K.) Student loans are now sitting at $118K (original ~$75K) with default and final collection costs added on prior to current 15% garnishment.

Still thankful I didn't have any real assets with secured debt to worry about. Even with $102K (and growing) in unsecured debt, life is quite stable now. I have judgments for about $18K of this, but only one law firm bothering to garnish. Big deal. Yawn.
                    what is your secret for the dodging the judgments?

I have about 45K worth of cc and currently facing wage garnishment on 6K with 2 other cc lawsuits pending (11K and 3k)....lol
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

No secret. I'm not even trying to dodge the judgments. For whatever reason, only one judgment creditor's attorney (1 out of 3) is garnishing the 10% left after the student loan garnishment.

I have filed declarations of my exemptions and exempt wages. I don't know if this makes a difference. I send copies of these declarations to the attorney who sued me.

I've paid off several judgments already. These amounts were not included in my $102K posted above. I think these judgments add to an additional $15K or so.

Comment

actually...LOL!! i'm not really thinking this is a contest i want to win???
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hey, Thanks everyone. I have to wonder how this all happened. Imean $100,000 in CCdebt. What did I buy. My husband gave me like a $100 a week for 3 kids -all living expenses. I know he has a good job and wealthy parents-why does he not ask for help. I guess charging groceries, clothes, classes , school, clothes for 17 yrs can add up quickly. Ok, I did have some luxury purchases. Thanks everyone!!

Comment

We did over $100,000 in Credit Card debt.
                            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Thank you! I have no idea how I got so bad. Actually I do, forced to live on credit. I just hope to dig myself out somehow. Thank you for not making me feel so alone!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X