No announcement yet.

Walmart Money Card: Issuing Bank is also one of my creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. Since I didn't get any bad comments RE GreenDot, I ordered one today. I'll be setting that up with direct deposit.
    Don
    Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
    Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

I like green dot that even give fees back. there is also a nexcard

Comment

Originally posted by doni49 View Post
        They don't seem to allow direct deposit (they want you to transfer money from a checking account) and don't do the Bill Payment thing (most of my billers don't do ACH--they need a check mailed to them).
        I believe that PayPal is run by GE Money. Their credit cards and buyer credit are.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
          I believe that PayPal is run by GE Money. Their credit cards and buyer credit are.
          I'd beg to differ.

Their credit cards were issued by Washington Mutual, which is now a part of Chase. I should know since I have a judgment against me (as well as against my wife on a separate account) from these lowlifes.

As for the PP debit card, when you pull the money out of a Chase ATM, you don't get charged any fees...so my guess would be that it's Chase running the show there as well.

No clue on buyer credit, though...never needed it our used it.

Good luck to us all.
          No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I have the Mango Master Card prepaid. No fee to activate, reload fees waived for direct deposit and they gave me twenty bucks for signing up for direct deposit. The only fee I have paid is buying the Green Dot card to load money that I did not direct deposit, not one fee to Mango in three months. No problems whatsoever with this card.

Comment

Originally posted by ByeByeCCs View Post
              I have the Mango Master Card prepaid. No fee to activate, reload fees waived for direct deposit and they gave me twenty bucks for signing up for direct deposit. The only fee I have paid is buying the Green Dot card to load money that I did not direct deposit, not one fee to Mango in three months. No problems whatsoever with this card.
              I've never heard of the Mango prepaid card - I'm going to look into this one.
              Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
              New Job 7-2011

Comment

UpSide Visa Card

Hi All

I use The UpSide Visa Card... http://www.upsidecard.com/Splash.aspx

My paycheck direct deposits there, the fees on a Life Card Account are .99 per month if you direct deposit over 500 per month. It can load from MoneyPak, direct deposits, and transfers from credit/debt cards. Cash withdrawns are from any POP (point of purchase - using the debit opition) upto 60.00 for free - atm w/d upto 400 for 1.70 + atm fee. And you get one hard check per month for free.

I have had it since December 1st, 2010 - I would say the only two downfalls are the holds on credit line for example gas transactions - example I swipe the card at the pump and because of the rising cost of gas the hold could be 75.00 but I only pump 60.00 that 15.00 can remain on hold till upto 4 days. But I have learned if I just go inside and swipe myself - no hold. This is true for all cc / debt / atm cards. Also any returns made back directly to the card can take up to 4 days to be credited back to the card.

Other then that - I haven't found any issues - and the card "looks" a lot like a regular Visa card - no images or words that say pre-pay or money card - it just says debt on the front of the card. Web access, email remembers, excel downloadable reports, it even puts purchases in catatories for budgeting purposes - I will really have to look at brick-n-mortor banks more carefully once I am discharged I have yet to find a monthly banking fee of .99 per month - without having to deposit over 2K per month.

That's just my 2 cent.
                Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
                  I don't know what else to tell you. I also had defaulted with both c1 and BoA. They do not seem to care about a new prepaid account. Don't let paranoia rule your life.

You might check out "accountnow.com" They have a long history.
                  This is what I have found to be true, as well. The left hand of banks doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing when it comes to these pre-paid debit cards. They just don't treat them like a regular checking account.

It seems like this kind of thread topic keeps popping up over and over. I need to find some of the older ones and just start posting links back to them whenever one of these pops up.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

what about the paypal, I was hoping to earn a few bucks, but know i am scare they will level my paypal

Comment

I have a Mango Prepaid Mastercard. No Monthly fees if you load more the $500 a month on the card if not then it is only $5.95 a month. I believe it's the best deal in prepaid so far.

Comment

I think C1 is down to no monthly fee with DD or a minimum $500 monthly deposit. Of course you will still have the ATM fees, but one can easily get cashback these days without incurring any charges. I'm not sure about the billpay costs. I no longer pay my bills with any type of permanent account.

It makes sense that some big national cc companies are beginning to offer prepaid cards. Money on the card that is unspent at the end of the day probably becomes part of the float used to back up the daily comercial paper which can be issued for as short as 1 day (24 hours); which represents the daily flow of funds (lending/borrowing by and between financial institutions) across the US and around the world.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X