X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Kids in Town

Setting up shop with a brand new locate and research facility:

hxxp://www.tlo.com

(Copy and paste link, replace xx with tt)
    (This insures that their stats do not show it hot-linking from bkforum)

Worth taking a look just to see who the founders are and what they do. Many of the names are old-timers in the collections and skip-tracing industry.

Now combining under a new corporate structure, devoted to keeping tabs on everything that you do and everything that you own.

And always remember kids...... EVERYTHING about you is for sale!
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

LOL These guys seem to be nothing but 3rd-4th string private dicks.

It is not that hard to protect yourself form these internet wanabe investigators. All they seem to compile is information that is already available on the web search engines. For further info you need to pay money to one of the sites they truly market for. YAWN.

Frogger, Are you a poster or advertiser?

For all!!! If you want to limit yourself and your exposure to web searches, google "google hacking" and learn how to suppress info about yourself. You will have to do some work and study, but the end results will lead to masking yourself from web searches.

Comment

"It's going to be much less safe to be dangerous." TLO's trademarked motto.

Interesting company. They sure cover a lot of ground, at least according to their website.
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
        If you want to limit yourself and your exposure to web searches, google "google hacking" and learn how to suppress info about yourself. You will have to do some work and study, but the end results will lead to masking yourself from web searches.
        I am going to look into that. Suppressing info seems like its worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post

For all!!! If you want to limit yourself and your exposure to web searches, google "google hacking" and learn how to suppress info about yourself. You will have to do some work and study, but the end results will lead to masking yourself from web searches.
          Perhaps it will limit it from your nosey neighbor next door, but google is not relevant in the ssn based informational world of "real" searching.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

Frogger, You and I will have to agree to disagree with the issue of how much one can learn based on your SSN.

Comment

And you know..... we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Comment

Thats the Holiday Spirit!....agreeing to disagree in an agreeable fashion. Only on BK Forum!!

Comment

I looked at their website. They seem very full of themselves, and they have some weird quotes like "The future belongs to those who believe in beauty of their dreams." WTF?!

I doubt they will do anything more than www.pipl.com would do for free. And beyond that, most of the information can be found on county assessor websites (which sometimes have GIS maps which you can use to find people's neighbors), county recorder websites, court websites, etc. for free.

The main thing to remember is to not put anything private about yourself online, and use the maximum privacy settings on things like facebook (I have "ONLY ME" selected on most things on facebook. I don't let anyone see who my friends are nor who my relatives are-- not even my facebook friends), amazon, etc.
                  The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                  "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                  Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X