No announcement yet.

Your experience with process servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, I have only been served with one lawsuit, and that was not credit/debt related. It was due to my performance of my job, and named myself, my employer, and an insurance company as co-defendants. The suit was in Superior Court rather than the normal "consolidated justice court" or small claims court, and I was served by the constable, not a private process server. This is while I lived in Arizona (I still do).

Comment

In Georgia, most civil papers are served by the sheriff's office. I hid in the house and didn't answer the... Oh wait! I mean I wasn't home the first couple times the deputy came by to serve me. Then, I was driving down the road when a set of blue lights came on behind me. The deputy took my license and told me to "sit tight" while he went back to his car. A couple minutes later the deputy I'd been avoiding pulled up and handed me the lawsuit.

The OP questions whether the process server should be able to read the documents, I actually think the process server should be required to read the documents. They really need to know who they are serving and why. Some people don't take being served well. Especially on those divorce matters.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X