It's Over!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Over!!

I went to court today. Everyone here was correct-NOT SCARY , AND IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. I was probably 5th to go. It was interesting that 2 lawyers approached the judge saying they thought this was a calender call-making the judge question why they can not read -Collection Bench Trials". I wore respectful clothes, and brought my son. When sworn in I accidently used the wrong hand-causes laughter which seemed good. Judge apologized , gave me a judgement and then Citis attorney approached the judge. I could not hear what they said but after the attorney asked me to step outside. I did and she didnot ask for a payment , but said "if you ever can pay let us know". I am sure I will get a asset list in the mail or served. I have already made arrangements to cash paychecks .... Came home and took a 3 hour nap with a headache like none before. Iam sure I will be posting as the drama unfolds. Just wanted to say thank you for the encouragement to all of those who replied to my posts. I hope to be one of those who can help someone in their time of need too.

A little experience goes a long way, eh? I would not automatically assume any sort of immediate followup from chiti's attorneys. I have two judgments from shittybank. They have never so much as bothered to send any type of financial questionaire. I think they were paid by the hour, and they (attorneys) have little more to gain by attempting to actually collect. In my case, the chiti attorney told me it was a pain to play the garnishment game with me living in oregon becuase of the 90 day expiration on writs, and the one day time limit on bank levys. The judgments are both over nine months old and they have made no attempt to collect.

Comment

Yay Merime!! So glad it's over. Have a glass of wine!!!And I LOVE Treehuggers comment about "shittybank" - LMAO! CLASSIC!
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

That one cracked me up too! Glad you've got the court appearance behind you, merime.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

You did it, merime! You survived the stress and came out the other side still intact. One step at a time. I see good things in your future. You are digging your heels in and taking the bull by the horns. I know it's been stressful and scary for you, but you did it!!
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
            You did it, merime! You survived the stress and came out the other side still intact. One step at a time. I see good things in your future. You are digging your heels in and taking the bull by the horns. I know it's been stressful and scary for you, but you did it!!
            Just got back home out of town for four days and to what great news. I could not say it better than F2B so I just quoted him/her. Yes, you can do it. I doubted once but never again. Go, girl. 'Hub and Mrs. C
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

So glad to hear about it being over! All of us knew you would do well, and you did!
              Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

And this is why you don't bother going to court unless it is really not your debt.

Your next steps should be trying to make yourself as judgment [collection] proof as possible, and if necessary, getting ready to file bankruptcy. It is good that you have already made arrangements to cash paychecks from now on. Use cash, money orders and pre-paid debit cards from now on.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Thanks I did! Yes, a $81 balance in a woodforest checking account. Thats all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X