An entire weekend with NO harassing phone calls - what a relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An entire weekend with NO harassing phone calls - what a relief

My case was filed Friday - at which point I told ALL creditors who called that I was doing a bk and to contact my lawyer's office from here on out.

Very quiet phone this weekend - what a relief to be able to answer the phone and to keep it plugged in - I have a landline. I know everyone has said that happens but until you experience it, after the months of those awful phone calls, it's hard to believe it will end. What a blessed silence. Whew.

Glad to hear you can get some peace and quiet now! :-)

Comment

I know what you mean! Same for me, no more calls! I finally checked my VM too, over 80 messages since feb 1st mostly from debt collectors!
      Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

That was one of the first things I noticed after filing bk. It was so nice to hear the silence :-)

Comment

silence is golden.

Comment

i could call you if you want and harass you.......ROFL!!!!!!!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              i could call you if you want and harass you.......ROFL!!!!!!!!!
              If you call me, make sure you are nasty because you are not getting paid....LOL

Comment

Same here. I almost have to laugh though. Friday I told BofA about the bk and gave her my attorneys name and phone #. It took my telling her 3 times before I finally got fed up and said, That's enough. You have the number."

Well, Monday morning, guess who called? Yup - BofA. I re-told them the information and said if I received one more call I would be calling my lawyer. Hopefully that stopped them. We'll see. I will keep track though, just in case. I'd LOVE to get those folks, after all the harrassment they put me through.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                  Same here. I almost have to laugh though. Friday I told BofA about the bk and gave her my attorneys name and phone #. It took my telling her 3 times before I finally got fed up and said, That's enough. You have the number."

Well, Monday morning, guess who called? Yup - BofA. I re-told them the information and said if I received one more call I would be calling my lawyer. Hopefully that stopped them. We'll see. I will keep track though, just in case. I'd LOVE to get those folks, after all the harrassment they put me through.
                  some of them like to keep trying to get that money from you until you give a case number.

Comment

I have to laugh - just this morning after months of pure silence - I filed in 2010 - I got a call from a unknown number so I allowed it to go to voice mail - just call me pavlov's dog; I just now listened to the message...

I almost pee'ed my pants; first the guy was reading word for word directly off the script in the same monotone tone voice - no emotion. Second the script was insane; "I am call regarding a grave matter" "I ask you or your attorney/spokesperson to call me back within seconds of hearing my very important message" "If you or your attorney/spokesperson choose not to call me back, well I just wish you good luck regarding this grave matter" OMG I have to say I almost saved the vm - you know for one of those days when you could really use a laugh.

I am currently taking interviews for spokespersons - I hear Charlie Sheen's available.
                    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Oh Desdemon - You should have saved it! I'm still laughing, not only about the vm but your side remark about good old Charlie.

Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Well today I must be on a roll.. My boss asked me to pick up the deli order for a client meeting - it was a you fly, I buy deal = Free Lunch For Me

Well I am at the counter signing the cc receipt and they have a space on the counter for local businesses to leave their business cards - realtors, tax prep companies, etc. The one closest to me made me do a double look...

BAD NEWS BEARERS
                        PROCESS SERVICE

I think this guy got an A in his marketing class
                        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Originally posted by nokia123 View Post
                          If you call me, make sure you are nasty because you are not getting paid....LOL
                          i can TRY my best to be nasty!! LOL.....

i'm so glad discourage is getting a well deserved "break".
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by DesdemonaB View Post
                            I have to laugh - just this morning after months of pure silence - I filed in 2010 - I got a call from a unknown number so I allowed it to go to voice mail - just call me pavlov's dog; I just now listened to the message...

I almost pee'ed my pants; first the guy was reading word for word directly off the script in the same monotone tone voice - no emotion. Second the script was insane; "I am call regarding a grave matter" "I ask you or your attorney/spokesperson to call me back within seconds of hearing my very important message" "If you or your attorney/spokesperson choose not to call me back, well I just wish you good luck regarding this grave matter" OMG I have to say I almost saved the vm - you know for one of those days when you could really use a laugh.

I am currently taking interviews for spokespersons - I hear Charlie Sheen's available.
                            LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! good one!

Comment

I spoke too soon - well almost. This morning the jerks that took over Discover called again adn I told them; I told you to call my lawyer, now, here is my file number and this is the last time I will deal with you. From hear on out these calls will be recorded and we will sue if I receive any more calls from your company.

I was bluffing as I don't have a recorder but will definetely get one if they call again. I would LOVE to take those folks to court after all the agonizing phone calls.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X