No announcement yet.

Being threatened by collection agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, everyone! I am going to file a complaint with the AZ Atty General...and once I retain a BK atty, I will see if they want to take action! Wish me luck! :0)

Comment

Good luck and go get 'em!
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
        Just a threat from a little bully sitting in a cubicle making $8/hour and a commission on any money he wrings out of you.

Don't pay another cent if you are even thinking about filing BK. It will likely be MONTHS before any serious (court) action will be taken, if they pursue the debt at all. Don't waste time talking with this jerk again - if/when he calls, tell him to contact you via regular mail.
        I agree. And send them a Cease and Desist letter by regular first class mail (44 cents) and this particular debt collector will probably never call you again.

They all say it is a "refusal to pay" unless you pay them, and it is merely psychological warfare they are using against you, and it is working.

About coming to your house, he was lying. You cannot trust anything a liar says to you.

Before they could come to your house to take anything they would first have to get a judgment against you, then they would have to do some sort of debtor's exam, etc., and let me tell you, that it almost never happens. I have had a judgment against me for years, and they have never come to my rented house, and they have never even taken one penny from me to this very day.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by help4mydebts View Post
          Thanks again, everyone! I am going to file a complaint with the AZ Atty General...and once I retain a BK atty, I will see if they want to take action! Wish me luck! :0)
          Since you live in Arizona, file your complaint here...

I have found them to be very helpful in my battle against a collection agency known as West Asset Management. When West Asset Management received a letter directly from the Arizona state government, they finally stopped calling me on the phone.
          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
            Oh the psych games I'd love to play with an asswipe creditor like that! LOL

"Planning on stopping by for a visit are you? Great! I'll be out back on my shooting range dialing in.....so...what time should I expect your company?..." *evil laughter abounds*
            Thanks for the laugh, Pandora! My sides are still hurting
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X