information subpoena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

information subpoena

has anyone here ever filled this out? It says to itemize all personal property - do they really expect an itemized list of pieces of furniture, clothing etc or can it be put in categories. THanks for the help - my life has become hell. And for cash on hand - it is only my cash on hand, right. Husband's paycheck was cashed recently - that is all his, not mine. I am the only one with a judgement.

I have been asked to do this by the IRS. Signing my name to the paper giving my CPA Power of Attorney ended that.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

This is for the collection agency that got the judgement. And you still had to give your accountant the info - . anyone filled this out themselves?

Comment

it is a legal document from the court in your county or city where they got the judgment right? I would safely say that yes, the cash belonging to your husband is not to be listed if the judgment is just in your name. however if you list a bank account held jointly with him on that form i would think they can freeze it and take the money in there. I have not seen the form or had one as the company that got a judgment against me knew where i worked so they had the information they needed already to garnish my income before i finally filed chap 7 and had it stopped. since it is a legal document i would say you have to list most everything just like the actual bankruptcy petition where they ask the same questions it seems to value what you have to see if you have enough to satisfy your debits.

it is scary i know. i wish you the best during this. even if you have to fill it out, i have not heard of anyone actually taking anything personal unless it is a home which they can put a lien on.

Comment

thank you daxtell - i checked the bankruptcy form for personal property and it seems to be in categories. don't know how I am going to value old cat scratched furniture. Nobody here has ever filled this form out??? Between the loss of my business, the threat of losing my old paid for vehicles and the loss of my home I am about ready to dive off the nearest bridge. I can't find a rental without income..no jobs available...the strain on my 37 year old marriage...the depression that was what started all this trouble in the first place. Sorry to whine - but I have to have this form mailed in tomorrow.

Comment

Fill out the form as best you can and assign values based on what you think you could get in a garage sale. You could say "cat scratched couch - $5" if that's what you think it's worth. I wouldn't list every item. Categorize things like clothes, dishes, books. They aren't going to be interested in each blouse and fork or every copy of "Good Night Moon". If they don't like how you fill it out, they'll ask for more info.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X