Karma is fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karma is fun!

Today I check my mail and find a check for 3.82 as my part of a class action lawsuit against Chase and a DMP I tried before filing. Of course I didn't know I was part of this class and that amount will maybe buy me a gallon of gas on a good day...but I'm cashing that sucker anyway. Karma is a nasty bugger, and Chase... You pushed me into BK. I hope the millions this suit costs you is that much less you have to spend to harrass debtors. So, I salute you Mr. Class Action Suit Filer Guy! And to Chase - neener neener neener!
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Too funny. Chase is like a swear word in our house.

We are also part of the class action suit against Chase. Their change in terms on a guaranteed for life of the loan balance transfer-of 250% increase in minimum was the beginning of the end for us. I do not feel even a little bad about bk'ing them.

Recently got notice that after 2 years, the class was finally certified. Now they want us to dig out all the ancient paperwork. A lot of hunting for under $4, seems kind of silly if that's all anyone gets.But now I am curious--- does anyone ever get anything significant for these suits?

Seems like they should just have to donate it to charity or something.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
      Today I check my mail and find a check for 3.82 as my part of a class action lawsuit against Chase and a DMP I tried before filing. Of course I didn't know I was part of this class and that amount will maybe buy me a gallon of gas on a good day...but I'm cashing that sucker anyway. Karma is a nasty bugger, and Chase... You pushed me into BK. I hope the millions this suit costs you is that much less you have to spend to harrass debtors. So, I salute you Mr. Class Action Suit Filer Guy! And to Chase - neener neener neener!

LOLOL. I like your attitude. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
        Too funny. Chase is like a swear word in our house.

We are also part of the class action suit against Chase. Their change in terms on a guaranteed for life of the loan balance transfer-of 250% increase in minimum was the beginning of the end for us. I do not feel even a little bad about bk'ing them.

Recently got notice that after 2 years, the class was finally certified. Now they want us to dig out all the ancient paperwork. A lot of hunting for under $4, seems kind of silly if that's all anyone gets.But now I am curious--- does anyone ever get anything significant for these suits?

Seems like they should just have to donate it to charity or something.
        The lawyers do. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! where's my 3 bucks...LOL!!!!! and that's it! shoot at least it could have been 50 bucks or so dont' you think? Chase is the worse, although, i hear the stories of B of A and Wells Fargo, Chase had our mortage and most of cc debt, they were awful!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Not to bud in, but while I tended to blame HSBC's unsecured loan and their unwillingness - almost DESIRE for the customer to file bK - the truth is sooner or later we probably - well possibly - been here anyway.

BUT - the fact is that if it weren't for that ONE creditor, in five years we may (or may not) have been out of this.

Anyone suing HSBC??? :-)

Comment

oh, yes, i think eventually that would have been us as well, however, we just didn't need a boot in our faces while we were experiencing illness and job loss with a company one had been with for over 30 years..actually closer to 40 years, refused to work with us at all.

i also, think hadn't i ill, nor both of us didn't get laid off we would have managed as well.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Right indeed...

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                oh, yes, i think eventually that would have been us as well, however, we just didn't need a boot in our faces while we were experiencing illness and job loss with a company one had been with for over 30 years..actually closer to 40 years, refused to work with us at all.

i also, think hadn't i ill, nor both of us didn't get laid off we would have managed as well.

Comment

I LOVE it!
                  Don
                  Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
                  Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

You can buy 3 Frosty's from Wendy's

PAR-TAY!!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                      You can buy 3 Frosty's from Wendy's

PAR-TAY!!

LOL
                      really??? i'll have to check it out! LOL!!

Comment

Dollar menu here I come! Heh... like I said it's the principal. This is one time I appreciate the lawyers getting rich. The fact that Chase has to pay up for ripping people off thrills me!!
                        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X