top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap One - New Adventures!!! & Gift Card from NCO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap One - New Adventures!!! & Gift Card from NCO!!!

Ok guys - more in my Cap One saga - to recap, I have to hold things till Sept when atty says I can file.

Anyway...received TWO separate letters from NCO Financial (as Cap One)

Letter 1 - from NCO itself - "the above referenced accounts meets the guidelines for legal action set by Cap One - Your account has been placed with our collection agency in an attempt to collect prior to referral by the creditor to an attorney for review.

Cap One has not yet made decision to file a lawsuit..."

Sooo....letter dated June 12 - 30 day validation would put it to July 12th - should I validate on July 12th? Do you all think that that would give me another month before they could file suit? If yes, that would give them a court date in Sept...

NOW - letter TWO from NCO masquerading as Cap One - now - SAME account folks - "We know you're having financial difficulties right now. And we want to help prevent your situation from getting more stressful." SO - they attach a $50 GIFT CARD which could be activated IF I call them to discuss the account "no strings attached."

I'm not Treehugger or Catleg - unlike them...I'm a coward :-) So unless either of you guys want the giftcard this goes into the file for the atty!!! Has ANYONE heard of this???

Sure, they still want to talk. Other people have activated and used the gift card offer successfully.
    Just pretend you're at a timeshare sales presentation and just keep saying no, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry but no.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
      Sure, they still want to talk. Other people have activated and used the gift card offer successfully.
      Just pretend you're at a timeshare sales presentation and just keep saying no, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry but no.
      Catleg God knows I could use the $50 - it'd pay for gas next week, but I don't think I have that in me...OR I'd tell them that's your first payment right there!!

Comment

I got one of those before they sued me. I tossed it. Its best to remain silent and go off the grid. They will used every collection technique to pry information that can be used against you.

Comment

Thanks Jacko - interestingly this is only for my card on which I owe $90...not the one where I owe $3K. Well, the debt validation letter puts me into July 12th or so...so if they file say towards end of July I'm hoping that'll put them into Sept which would (fingers crossed) be ok...

They don't know where I work or bank.

Comment

As you have correctly figured out, it's a trap. The collection agency is not a charity, and doesn't give a flying you-know-what about the economic difficulties you are facing. All they care about is getting information out of you that will result in you paying the debt or saying something that can be used against you later on--such as admitting that you are employed or have money in the bank, admitting that you owe the money/the debt is valid, etc.

Remember, these people will say or do ANYTHING to get you on the phone--especially when you have been dodging their calls for a long time!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X