etrade bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

etrade bank

Ok guys - I'm "worst casing again" (yes I don't have meds yet :-)

What do you all think about using Etrade as a bank if there are garnishment possibilities?

Will a creditor "think" of looking there? There are no branches in my state although there is one in my neighboring state...

I know for an interragotory I'd have to disclose it, but what about afterwards...I have an employer plan there so I could open a bank acct without them doing additional checks (as I understand it).

I think they're off the radar for most normal collections.
    To go really, really off the radar, try something like Metlife Bank or some other bank owned by an insurance company.
    Or try Central Pacific Bank, with branches in Hawaii.
    You could also try to locate a bank in Puerto Rico or Guam.
    I doubt any creditor would think to look there.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

They might pull a "soft" look at your credit, and they might look at chexsystems. I doubt either would be the case, but you can call and ask them. They have to (and will) disclose this info to you if requested.

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
        They might pull a "soft" look at your credit, and they might look at chexsystems. I doubt either would be the case, but you can call and ask them. They have to (and will) disclose this info to you if requested.
        Thank you treehugger & catleg!

Indeed, Catleg I looked at the Central Pacific Bank :-)

I think, treehugger, they may do a soft pull for credit - if they pull chex that may be bad news...BUT since I already have a stock account thru employer's stock plan, maybe their system will do a very very soft pull?

Yesterday was not a good day...so I'm just looking at all possibilities... :-)

Thanks so much guys!!

Comment

i really attempted to research this one and found it even hard to find information. one would think it would be difficult to serve an etrade bank with a garnishment...i mean who are they going to serve it to? i'm only being rhetorical, since, i'm sure there must be somewhere, since you money must be somewhere right.

they scare me to death!!!!

how about your mattress and postal money orders for awhile????
          Last edited by tobee43; 07-21-2011, 06:26 AM.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

THANKS TOBEE!!! Well they do have offices including in the state next to me but not where I live...I guess this would be AFTER any judgements and AFTER any debtors interrogatories are filled out.

Was just worst-casing yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              THANKS TOBEE!!! Well they do have offices including in the state next to me but not where I live...I guess this would be AFTER any judgements and AFTER any debtors interrogatories are filled out.

Was just worst-casing yesterday.
              i know you bud...you are "worst-casing" daily. we need to get you to ZEN out a bit for your own health. i know this is all going to be alright!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Ah the ZEN garden eh!?!

Would love to...but had (another) major blowup with spouse this AM...and yesterday on the top of my 401k loan/withdrawal saga...

Comment

sorry to hear that.

bk is so hard on many of even the most solid of marriages. no doubt, a trying time. you just have to go and get that elmer glue and keep pouring on you both to stick it out!

even the BEST marriages get tested to the very boundaries they never thought possible.

i just hope and pray the best for you, and know this is so hard on everyone, but you will still be standing...strong and proud!

Comment

Old - ya gotta stop the "worst casing" and take one day at a time. I truly believe you will make that Sept date without a lawsuit. As I said before, even if you do get one, you will get filed before they take action, stop it and get it lifted later.

Seriously, take a deep breath and focus on each day as it comes. I know it's easy to say but please try that, I think you would feel much better.
                    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                    341 5/23/11
                    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
                      Old - ya gotta stop the "worst casing" and take one day at a time. I truly believe you will make that Sept date without a lawsuit. As I said before, even if you do get one, you will get filed before they take action, stop it and get it lifted later.

Seriously, take a deep breath and focus on each day as it comes. I know it's easy to say but please try that, I think you would feel much better.
                      Thanks sunshine and tobee - I know you are both right...I've taken several deep breaths - had a great leftover breakfast at work from a meeting...so just keep on keepin' on!

Comment

glad to hear it!

Comment

Old, I think you may just make it to Sep. without a law suit being filed. I stopped paying cards around sep 09. I was only sued twice and that wasn't until about 9 mo. passed. I then played the game of answer this and answer that, which helped to drag it out an additional 6 mo. I think you will be okay. As most others have said, this whole process is very trying upon a marriage. My d.h and I fought constantly, and still do at times. It is a hard thing for anyone to go through. I know all about playing out the worst case scenarios, I did it for months. It will drain you and drive you nuts. I have decided to just let things be as they are. If something comes up, I will deal with it then.

I truly wish you all the best, and I will be praying that all works out for you.

Comment

jemma, I'm so grateful for your reply!!!

Well, I do know that hopefully in sept all will be well, and that the only one that could (and likely will) file before then is my local credit union...couldn't send them the $100 I thought I would...if they file between now and the end of the month, they will get a court date either early sept or in Aug, so I think I really need to get them that $100....

Everyone else...who knows...Farbus and Garber are still calling...Zwicker I have to get back to since they confirmed the DV letter - with stating that it is correct because we say so...both ironically are two separate target cards...

Originally posted by jemma View Post
                            Old, I think you may just make it to Sep. without a law suit being filed. I stopped paying cards around sep 09. I was only sued twice and that wasn't until about 9 mo. passed. I then played the game of answer this and answer that, which helped to drag it out an additional 6 mo. I think you will be okay. As most others have said, this whole process is very trying upon a marriage. My d.h and I fought constantly, and still do at times. It is a hard thing for anyone to go through. I know all about playing out the worst case scenarios, I did it for months. It will drain you and drive you nuts. I have decided to just let things be as they are. If something comes up, I will deal with it then.

I truly wish you all the best, and I will be praying that all works out for you.

Comment

I would look at Schwab. No fees and minimums.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X